This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Generic AVI xvid not playing on PS3

I recently reformatted my computer and lost the settings I had for my PS3. I know that there is a setting for the PS3 in the mobile section but I play my movies from my computer to the ps3 via Tversity wireless and the router can't handle h264 format and jitters (stops and starts) a lot. I use the generic xvid for that reason. When I try to play the xvid format the PS3 will not recognize the format and not play. I normally use a bit rate of 1500 to 2000 depending on what kind of movie. what are my other setting I am supposed to have?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Ryan

Okay I figured out that the frame rate needed to be 29.97. I am still getting a lot of start and stop when I use H264. I am guessing that maybe I need to switch to a N type router to help.

Comment

I would honestly not recommend using wireless at all for streaming.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I agree but the only option I have at the moment. So I am making the most of it.

Comment

I haven't done it in a while, but I believe if you tell the PS3 to copy the file to the hard drive (triangle button?) over wifi and then play it from there then you will get around the wifi instability. It isn't the best option but would make the movies more watchable without sacrificing quality.

Comment

Working...
          X