This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other BD to HD and converting m2ts to mkv

I managed to rip a full movie to my HD via Blu-ray to Blu-ray. Then i went to Blu-ray to Moblie and choosed the folder with the movie title which contained the m2ts file and started converting to mkv. That went well. But when I stream the mkv file from the HD via my blu ray-player, I have no subpicture or any other options and I can't skip to next chapter or any thing else. The picture- and sound quality is fine though.
    Am I missing something here? Any settings I should consider?

Is the file working as expected on the pc the file is located on?
    If yes, blame streaming.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Is the file working as expected on the pc the file is located on?
      If yes, blame streaming.
      Haven't tested that. But I will. Guess I can use VLC.
      Thanks.

Comment

Molok,
        the reason you don't have any subtitles, chapters, etc. - an "overhead" - because you skip it by going as low as m2ts file. You left all overhead out in BD parent folder. It's a folder with movie (title) name, inside of which you will find, depends on format, either BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders or just a BDMV folder. So you have to chose that parent folder. In this case, all your overhead will be available for selection or will be converted to MKV altogether if you chase "remux" profile.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          Molok,
          the reason you don't have any subtitles, chapters, etc. - an "overhead" - because you skip it by going as low as m2ts file. You left all overhead out in BD parent folder. It's a folder with movie (title) name, inside of which you will find, depends on format, either BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders or just a BDMV folder. So you have to chose that parent folder. In this case, all your overhead will be available for selection or will be converted to MKV altogether if you chase "remux" profile.
          I thought I did that. But to get this right, I just have to choose the folder with name of the film including the subfolders and tick remux? Right?

Comment

Correct. Do it.

Originally posted by Molok View Post
            I thought I did that. But to get this right, I just have to choose the folder with name of the film including the subfolders and tick remux? Right?
            sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
              Correct. Do it.
              OK.
              Thanks!

Comment

I tried this option again as IPopov suggested. But no luck.

This is what I did for the covertion from m2ts to mkv.
                I used the folder as source on my HD (D:\BDR\FullDisc\A_SERIOUS_MAN_SCANDI\)
                and as target I choosed a folder on an external HD (J:\Blu ray-movies\mkv)
                But the same thing happens. I can't get access to any menus or anything. I just have to let the film roll. Can't even pause or stop the film with the remote.
                To stream the film from my computer to my Blu ray-player (Oppo BDP-83) I use TVersity.

I even tried to play the film directly from the computer with VLC, but the aspect ratio is wrong and the picture is jerky.

What can be the problem?

Comment

Molok,
                  you are not suppose to have menus - MKV container just not supports menus yet. However, you should of have chapters that would of let you FF (skip) from chapter to chapter, and FF as well... I suppose you were using "remux" profile, right?

Originally posted by Molok View Post
                  I tried this option again as IPopov suggested. But no luck.

This is what I did for the covertion from m2ts to mkv.
                  I used the folder as source on my HD (D:\BDR\FullDisc\A_SERIOUS_MAN_SCANDI\)
                  and as target I choosed a folder on an external HD (J:\Blu ray-movies\mkv)
                  But the same thing happens. I can't get access to any menus or anything. I just have to let the film roll. Can't even pause or stop the film with the remote.
                  To stream the film from my computer to my Blu ray-player (Oppo BDP-83) I use TVersity.

I even tried to play the film directly from the computer with VLC, but the aspect ratio is wrong and the picture is jerky.

What can be the problem?
                  sigpic

Comment

Also, if TVersity is transcoding on the fly to put it in a format that the Oppo likes, that will be why you do not have access to the navigation of chapters, etc.

Some players also will not navigate either.

Have you tried playing it direct by burning to a disk?

Also, what do you mean that the aspect ratio is incorrect when played on the PC? Please download and try it with VLC.
                    Last edited by GregiBoy; 05-27-2010, 09:01 PM.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Also, I would like to know how you are streaming to the Oppo as it does not seem to have any network connectivity?

Here are the specs:-

Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, OPPO Digital designs and markets high quality digital electronics that deliver style, performance, innovation, and value to A/V enthusiasts and savvy consumers alike. The company's attention to core product performance and strong customer focus distinguishes it from traditional consumer-electronics brands.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                        Also, if TVersity is transcoding on the fly to put it in a format that the Oppo likes, that will be why you do not have access to the navigation of chapters, etc.

Some players also will not navigate either.

Have you tried playing it direct by burning to a disk?

Also, what do you mean that the aspect ratio is incorrect when played on the PC? Please download and try it with VLC.
                        I haven't tried to burn the mkv-file to a disk. But I will try that.

I allready have VLC. Should I reinstall it? The actual movie is in aspect 1.85:1, but when I play it with VLC it is squeezed (very wide, like 2.40:1). Also the movie freezes.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          Also, I would like to know how you are streaming to the Oppo as it does not seem to have any network connectivity?

Here are the specs:-

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-83/
                          Thanks, I allready do have the specs. The network is working fine. I can stream all my music-files from the computer trough the Oppo with no problems.

Comment

[QUOTE=Molok;39146]I haven't tried to burn the mkv-file to a disk. But I will try that.

Perhaps this is not such a good idea? The mkv-file is a convertion of the Full movie and is far too big to burn to a 25 GB disk. I don't have 50 GB disks.

Comment

well this one in the specs only has USB, no network.

Comment

Working...
                              X