Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper don't want stretched movie - help!

I am new to DVD to Mobile, mostly because everytime I try it I can't get it to work right. I am at my wit's end trying to convert a movie to watch on my cell phone. It stretches the movie no matter what I do. Here is my information:

Movie: Kissing Jesica Stein (widescreen) (or, any movie I have ever tried - I can't get this to work right on any movie)

I copied the entire DVD using DVD9 to my hard drive.

I have a Samsung Rant m540 cell phone (176 x 220 screen size - or I guess 220 x 176 when I am viewing it in landscape mode?)
    Requires 3g2 file
    Using DVDFab version 7.0.6.2

I don't want the output stretched or cut off in any way, which I guess means I want to see the the black bars on top and bottom.

Every crop setting I try (including disabled) results in the output filling the screen with no black bars, and the picture is stretched. I know I must be doing something stupid, but I just can't figure it out. The preview Output picture looks fine - it show the black bars top and bottom. But the final file does not have the black bars and I can't figure out why.

I think part of the problem might be I'm not sure what profile I am supposed to use. I've tried the cellphone.default and the Samsung A920 (3g2). My guess is neither of these is right, but I can't figure out how to enter my phone information in to get it right.

I've searched (and searched) the forums here, but could not find anything. If this has been addressed somewhere already, please let me know the link.

Any help would be really, really appreciated. Thank you!

Karen
Working...
X