Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ID4 Independence day audio sync problem (dvd to avi)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID4 Independence day audio sync problem (dvd to avi)

I have converted well over 250 of my dvds most with no issue that didn't get resolved however I am currently having a problem converting ID4. It is region 1 5 star collection 2 disc set if anyone wants to give it a try. What happens is about 1/2 way through on the completed conversion avi the audio loses sync. This is file is larger than any of my previous file conversions at 2.6 gb. I am using the same settings I use for all other conversions which is fixed bit rate of 1690, 2 pass, max resolution, 816x352 in this case. audio format same as source. I'm not worried about file size just so it plays correctly.

FYI I rip the DVD to ISO on the HDD first not direct transfer from dvd to AVI as I have had issues that way before.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Miix

I have the same problem too with mkv setting. I tried a 2 different converter program and still have the same problem. I believe its the dvd. I burned on to a harddrive as a vob format still have no luck. Any ideas?

Comment

Onneye, I think you may be right.

We ocassionally come across DVD's like this.

Miix, I suggest that you send the IFO's to Fengtao for analysis.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Miix, which avi profile are you using? If this is the two disk set in a silver colored case I have this in my collection and will try the same profile and see what I get. Bar code 2454300045?
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Not sure if this helps.

How does it do if you specify an audio format rather than using same as source? Someone gave me avi file the other day and it was encoded with multiple different audio bit rates. Some players deal with this ok and some do strange things. I re-encoded with a fixed bit rate and it worked fine.

Comment

I'll have to retry it to get the IFOs again.

Yes It is the same bar code.

I'll try it with another audio format too.

Thanks for the support.

Comment

Miix, I tried it and got the same result, not off a lot but just enough to make it nasty to watch. I tried H264 and divx and both are about the same. I used audiocopy both times.

Albert Einstein

Comment

OK Then its not just me. Maybe just this version of the movie >< If anyone else gives it a try and has better results please let us know.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

What's odd is I can rip to the HDD as DVD files and make an MP4 for the iPod Touch and the A/V sync is spot on? Doing an avi your way just doesn't work at all. I'm trying the Touch profile at a higher frame resolution but I don't really think that's it. Try an mp4 in large frame resolution like PS3 and see what it does??

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X