This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper edited profile(s) do not show in pull-down

Howdy folks. Just got up and running with DVDFab, great program. Been reading up on how to best set up a media library on PC for network in-home streaming. Followed GregiBoy's "best practice" thread, DVD to HDD, then from HDD to mobile file and wanted to include a custom profile. I opened one similar to what I wanted, edited it to to be what I want (want to output to an MP4 H264 audiocopy, changed the name in the file to "generic.mp4.h264.audiocopy") and saved as .xml in the "profiles" folder of DVDFab7. Now when I go to make the MP4, I choose "generic" and my new profile is not in the drop down list. I actually went through all of the selections (XBOX, PS3, etc) and it's nowhere. So I tried editing a stock profile and saving "as is" after making a copy of the original. When I chose this mod'd profile, it did not contain my edits.

What am I missing? Is there some way to refresh the profiles that I have not found? Please point me in the correct direction. I have a lot of DVDs to rip and having gotten this far to be stumped is frustrating.

Thank you in advance. I appreciate any help y'all can give me.

Firstly, I wouldn't save it as a generic profile. In your case I would rename it something like deviljak.mp4.h264 audiocopy and make sure that the header of the XML file contains this name also.

Then go to settings, customise UI, DVD to Mobile and you should be able to add the device and aslo order it where you want it.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Okay. I renamed my new profile as you suggested: DevilJac.mp4.h264.audiocopy. In the XML header I changed the name to match. I then went to Settings>Customize UI and chose "DVD to Mobile" from the Options Group drop down. I clicked "new" at the bottom and my only choice for Device in the window that popped up was "audio." I chose that, named it as "HTPC" and clicked OK. Moved the new "HTPC" to Options to Display. Went into DVD to Mobile and there it is in the device tab. Selecting it, then the main movie, audio, etc. works fine, but I have no profiles to choose from in the drop down menu at the bottom. I have changed the device= part of the XML to both "audio" since that is what it allowed me to choose and to "HTPC" since that is what I named it (two separate attempts at troubleshooting my problem) and neither gave me an option to select a profile from the dropdown.

Am I being overly thick about this?

The profiles I am trying to use are in: c:\program files\dvdfab7\profiles\ is that correct?

I really appreciate your help. I'm sure there's something simple I'm overlooking but it is eluding me thus far.

Comment

On the first line of the profile make sure you edit the following marked in red and make sure that the XML file is named exactly the same as the name.

name="DevilJac.H263.audiocopy" version="200" device="DevilJac" tag="dvdfab,default" description="The profile is used to create an avi (XVid) with source audio (DD5.1) file, which can be played on the My HTPC.

A DevilJac device should be available when you customise the UI.

I have copied this out of a working customised profile that I use.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I did exactly what you described to the letter and it did not work. There were no new devices in the dropdown menu of the Customoze UI DVDtoMobile section.

Comment

Well mate.

I just created a DevilJac profile here and all works fine. I have attached the file so give it a test.

Make sure that you copy it into the C:\Program Files\DVDFab 7\Profiles directory then go settings, customise UI, DVD to Mobile, New and the DevilJac device should show up.

Let me know how you get on.
            Attached Files

Comment

First, let me say thank you again for being patient and helping with this simple task. It is most appreciated.

Second, let me tell you how unbelievably annoying this is: when I dl'd your file and plopped it into the \profiles folder, it showed up first time. Your file is the same as mine down to the letter, with the exception that mine was deviljac.mp4.h264.audiocopy while yours was an avi file. I went through both files word by word and they were identical. Mine would not show up, yours would. That makes no sense to me.

Long story endless, your file worked with no hitches. Thank you again for your trouble! Most appreciated!

Cheers!

Comment

Jac, there must be some little thing in your file that Fab doesn't like.

That's all I can think of.

Comment

On the off chance you pop back into this thread, a quick question if you don't mind.

I was wondering if you recommend the fps to be set at "same as source" or the stock "23.99xxx" that comes up? I assume "same as source" is the way to go since in theory that means the program isn't interpreting anything, but you are the more knowledgeable in this area.

Thanks again for the help with the profile issue!

Comment

same as source is the WAY TO GO....
                    Last edited by GregiBoy; 06-02-2010, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X