This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper mp4 audiocopy produces no audio

I am using GregiBoy's "samsung" profile mod'd to produce an mp4 file using the h264 codec with audiocopy to give me same as source (AC3) audio. I am attempting to stick with the mp4 format as I am using TVersity to pump my movie collection (my intent, anyway) to a PS3 and Xbox360 in different rooms of my home and would like to keep TVersity's transcoding down to a minimum.

I can produce the mp4 file, but it will not play off of the ps3 showing "data corrupt." I have played these test files on a different networked computer and the video is fine but there is no audio; I assume this is why the ps3 shows corrupt...it is expecting to find an audio track but cannot.

I have taken the same sample tracks and made: mp4 h264 audiocopy (corrupt), mp4 h264 aac (plays fine both audio and video) and avi h264 audiocopy (plays fine, audio and video).

Now, the simple answer would be to use another format and be done, but I was trying to keep the option open to stream to my Tivos and they will only accept mpg2, mp4 or avi (using xvid or divx) using their TivoServer software. I think the h264 gives a better quality than divx or xvid which rules out avi.

Does anyone have a thought as to why the audiocopy is not working with the mp4 container? I am using the most recent CCCP codec pack, btw. Everything else works fine.

I appreciate any thoughts folks might have. Have a good day.

What is your source?
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Have you tried the Samsung profile unmodded and what are the results?

From what you have posted, I think the XVid audiocopy profile would be your best bet as then no transcoding would be necessary for any of your devices. As a matter of principle, I always stay away from transcoding where possible.

Personally, I hate TVersity & have always used Twonky.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I pull the DVD to my HDD first using "DVD to DVD" and save to folder as DVD9. Then use that as source for further coding.

I will look into Twonky. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
        X