This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVDFab freezes when using it's own back-ups

When attempting a DVD to Mobile operation with a DVD that was created by DVDFab using DVD to DVD the program is freezing and won't respond. I've noticed this with at least versions 7040 and 7067. This seems to happen 60-70 percent of the time for me. I've tried three different computers and tried Windows XP and Vista. I've only been trying them on single layer DVD-R discs (three different brands) and don't know if the same issue occurs on DL discs. The discs play fine, on computer and stand-alone. Has anyone else had this problem?

Originally posted by e6bwhiz View Post
    When attempting a DVD to Mobile operation with a DVD that was created by DVDFab using DVD to DVD the program is freezing and won't respond. I've noticed this with at least versions 7040 and 7067. This seems to happen 60-70 percent of the time for me. I've tried three different computers and tried Windows XP and Vista. I've only been trying them on single layer DVD-R discs (three different brands) and don't know if the same issue occurs on DL discs. The discs play fine, on computer and stand-alone. Has anyone else had this problem?
    If the copies are freezing up Fab why not try your original DVD
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

To be more specific, the program freezes on the "opening DVD" message. The progress bar just stops and the program freezes. I got at least one to work by disabling path player. Even then it stated there was a read error, but selecting ignore all actually worked. Just curious on the problems of it reading its own discs.
      Last edited by e6bwhiz; 06-06-2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

To be more specific, the program freezes on the "opening DVD" message. The progress bar just stops and the program freezes. I got at least one to work by disabling path player. Even then it stated there was a read error, but selecting ignore all actually worked. Just curious on the problems of it reading its own discs.
        I am thinking this may have something to do with Fab looking for copyright protection and it is not there on the backup DVD's. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about this could give you a better answer
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

e6bwhiz,
          CBR929 is correct, that's what happening, but this is not the point in my view (it's easily correctable). The point is, or question rather why are you trying to open your ripped/processed content (DVD) with DVDFab again??? I suspect you want to convert your processed content into mobile format of sorts.... and that is BAD idea. What you should do is to change your video processing habits. First you should rip your disc to your HDD. And then, use it as a source for all conversions you have in mind (you can delete it afterwords). This way you will avoid a lot of troubles and boost quality of your processed content. Try it...
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

And the "Read Error" would indicate that there is a problem with the media that you are using.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              And the "Read Error" would indicate that there is a problem with the media that you are using.

.... or drive itself.
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

since these are only back ups with no copy protection why not just use ImgBurn and creat image file from disc and then use DVDFab to convert that ISO to the mobile format that you want

Comment

Ipopov50,

So would you recommend ripping my DVDFab-produced back-ups to HDD first then DVD to Mobile? I understand the benefit of doing this with the original discs, but what if you no longer have these and have to use your back-ups? That's the point of a back up. Was that the easily correctable action? Ripping the back-up to HDD first? Or doing this with the original DVD?

Comment

Ipopov50,

So would you recommend ripping my DVDFab-produced back-ups to HDD first then DVD to Mobile? I understand the benefit of doing this with the original discs, but what if you no longer have these and have to use your back-ups? That's the point of a back up. Was that the easily correctable action? Ripping the back-up to HDD first? Or doing this with the original DVD?
                    THE POINT OF HAVING BACKUPS IS TO PUT THE ORIGINALS AWAY FOR SAFE KEEPING AND BURN ANOTHER IF THE BACKUP GETS DAMAGED
                    CBR929

Comment

I would do it with the originals which you should have otherwise you are using the program illegally.

You would not have to rip backups, just copy the complete disk to a subfolder with Windoze as there is no copy protection but this may not be possible as I noticed that you had errors reading which indicates bad backup disks.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I suppose there is some kind of problem with the back-ups that get read errors, but I'm not convinced it is something that occurred outside the DVDFab operation. DVDs play fine. No scratches. They weren't mistreated. When you say to copy entire disc to folder first, do you mean do a DVD to DVD operation and select a HDD folder as the destination or something else?

And I suppose since a moderator is stating that one would be unlawful to use DVDFab on a backup (because the original was destroyed), one could not expect support when DVDFab freezes on trying to read its own creation.

Comment

Today I tried using a DVDFab created backup disk to create a Divx file to burn to a CD. It went fine up to stage 4 and then quit. The clock kept counting but the CPU usage was zero. Apparently that means that only an original disk can be used as a source.

Comment

Originally posted by ram1009 View Post
                            Today I tried using a DVDFab created backup disk to create a Divx file to burn to a CD. It went fine up to stage 4 and then quit. The clock kept counting but the CPU usage was zero. Apparently that means that only an original disk can be used as a source.
                            Actually the DVD should be ripped and saved to HDD then you use that saved file to convert to Divx. Give the best practice guide a read here is link for that below

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                              Actually the DVD should be ripped and saved to HDD then you use that saved file to convert to Divx. Give the best practice guide a read here is link for that below

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=543
                              Yes, I've read the tutorial. It's quite good but does not state that the source must be an original not a backup as has been stated in this thread. Am I mis-reading something? Will a backup work if it's ripped to the HDD first?

Comment

Working...
                              X