This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper iPhone 4 Question

I know this might be a newbie question, but I have done a search and it hasn't turned up an answer.

I updated to the latest version (e.g. 7.0.7.0 (08/06/2010)) and the release notes indicate, "New: Added support for Apple iPhone 4." for converting to a mobile format.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble locating the iPhone 4 specific settings?

Under "DVD to Mobile" I still only see the 'iPod/iPhone' and 'iPad' settings -- the 'More...' option doesn't list iPhone 4 separately.

And when choosing the 'iPod/iPhone' option on the left, I don't see any 'iPhone 4' specific options. If I choose the 'iPhone' profile option and hit the 'Edit' button, I don't see any settings which indicate iPhone 4 specific settings.

I was just wanting to know a couple of things (a) what are the best settings for the iPhone 4, and (b) are there any pre-programmed settings for the iPhone 4?

Thanks,

CrashNBurns

Originally posted by CrashNBurns View Post
    I know this might be a newbie question, but I have done a search and it hasn't turned up an answer.

I updated to the latest version (e.g. 7.0.7.0 (08/06/2010)) and the release notes indicate, "New: Added support for Apple iPhone 4." for converting to a mobile format.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble locating the iPhone 4 specific settings?

Under "DVD to Mobile" I still only see the 'iPod/iPhone' and 'iPad' settings -- the 'More...' option doesn't list iPhone 4 separately.

And when choosing the 'iPod/iPhone' option on the left, I don't see any 'iPhone 4' specific options. If I choose the 'iPhone' profile option and hit the 'Edit' button, I don't see any settings which indicate iPhone 4 specific settings.

I was just wanting to know a couple of things (a) what are the best settings for the iPhone 4, and (b) are there any pre-programmed settings for the iPhone 4?

Thanks,

CrashNBurns
    You were doing so good, and..... oh such a disappointment.
    OK, DVD to Mobile open, go to iPad option, in Profiles dropdown window you will see "iPhone.h264" That's the one

//Addition
    and if you select this profile, and open "Edit" on a top part you'll see description of profile "This profile.... bla bla....iPhone4"
    Last edited by IPopov50; 06-18-2010, 04:04 AM. Reason: Addition
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

you mean you would like the new screen resolution ? as the resolution is pretty bigger, the file will be much bigger too.. I don't know if it makes sense really to export at that quality level. But you have a point about the profile for sure.
      Consultant for

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        You were doing so good, and..... oh such a disappointment.
        OK, DVD to Mobile open, go to iPad option, in Profiles dropdown window you will see "iPhone.h264" That's the one

//Addition
        and if you select this profile, and open "Edit" on a top part you'll see description of profile "This profile.... bla bla....iPhone4"
        Ahhhhh, yes, so close, yet so far! Who knew that iPad == iPhone! ;->

But yes, thanks for the pointer.

I'm going to give a try and see if it's worth the extra file size -- at a minimum, I'll give it a shot on the more 'visual' movies and use the regular iPhone setting for the chick-flicks! ;->

Thanks again,

CrashNBurns

Comment

Working...
        X