X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Advice on Ripping to DIVX - Seems to need zoom in on PS3

Hi All,

Im totally new to this so please forgive a possibly stupid question, but i have hunted everywhere and cannot find something i understand.

Im fine ripping to my iphone and portable players, that all works like a dream, but im also ripping to Divx at the the best quality i can, so i can stick my entire movie collection on a portable drive and play them on my PS3. A great plan, as the wifey hates my DVD's all over the place.

Anyway - i have ripped a few movies, Three Kings, HHGTTG and when played back on the PS3, they are stuck in the centre of the screen, and i can only get fullscreen by selecting Zoom in on the PS3....which is weird.....

Is there anyway that i can just rip a movie to a format that is exactly the same as just throwing a DVD in the player?

ta!

My guess would be that these are what's called letterbox movies. This means that the aspect ratio of the video stream is marked as 4x3 instead of what the movie really is. I seem to remember an option in DVDFab to force the aspect ratio. Some searches on the forums might give you what you want.

Comment

That is pretty much normal behavior for the PS3. I tried to get around it too. The software fills out the display and to prove this to yourself convert a few chapters to a VOB passthrough which doesn’t change the video properties. View it in “Original” display and it will be a small rectangle in the center of the screen. Switch to “Normal” and the software will fill out the screen. Whatever switch is embedded in a VOB to cause the software to fill the display is missing from DivX. Even the VOB passthrough will start in “Normal” display you’ll have to switch it to “Original” to see the movie’s original size on your display.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X