This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
    No, you should be able to just turn them on or off.
    Thanx, GregiBoy.

I'll stay with MPClassic instead of trying a remux...it's working and I'm satisfied.

-Wapitikev
    When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wapitikev View Post

PS-If I remuxed the .sub file back into the main movie I would lose the ability to turn off the subtitles, correct?

-Wapitikev

No, If I understand your question correctly. To make sure we are on a same page:
      (a) remuxing, is a process of multiplexing (muxing for short), or somebody likes word embedding stream file into container. In your case, subs is stream, and MKV is a container.
      (b) rendering, is a process of incorporating subs (treating it as a picture) into another picture - actual video stream, as a additional layer.

So, if you are remuxing subs, you will not lose the ability to turn them on/off. Little detail you should know however. When you muxing streams, you have to set default flag - yes or no - for each stream, including subs. So, in regards to subs, if you set default flag yes, your subs will be displayed every time movie plays, you HAVE TO turn them off if you don't need them. If you set default flag no, you have to turn them on every time you need them. So, it's for you to decide which option is more suitable for you.

If you rendering subs, they will be displayed regardless of your wish (its called "hard subs") and you can't turn then on or off.
      I hope this helps
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        No, If I understand your question correctly. To make sure we are on a same page:
        (a) remuxing, is a process of multiplexing (muxing for short), or somebody likes word embedding stream file into container. In your case, subs is stream, and MKV is a container.
        (b) rendering, is a process of incorporating subs (treating it as a picture) into another picture - actual video stream, as a additional layer.

So, if you are remuxing subs, you will not lose the ability to turn them on/off. Little detail you should know however. When you muxing streams, you have to set default flag - yes or no - for each stream, including subs. So, in regards to subs, if you set default flag yes, your subs will be displayed every time movie plays, you HAVE TO turn them off if you don't need them. If you set default flag no, you have to turn them on every time you need them. So, it's for you to decide which option is more suitable for you.

If you rendering subs, they will be displayed regardless of your wish (its called "hard subs") and you can't turn then on or off.
        I hope this helps
        That makes perfect sense. I was using remuxing as a synonym for rendering.

Thanx again, IPopov50.

Any thoughts as to why VLC or ALshow choke on the subtitles...perhaps they were not designed for HD content?

-Wapitikev
        When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wapitikev View Post
          Any thoughts as to why VLC or ALshow choke on the subtitles...perhaps they were not designed for HD content?

-Wapitikev
          Because those are lousy players. There is only one good player - the one I gave you.
          Just please don't tell GregiBoy and Maineman what I just said about VLC. OK? Keep it just between us.
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

It's in the vault, IPopov50. They'll never hear it from me.

-Wapitikev

Comment

Gotcha IP....

Nah, no problems. Maineman & I most probably favour VLC because we've used it for years without problems and I've had no need to change because I am not into Blu-Ray.

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
              Because those are lousy players. There is only one good player - the one I gave you.
              Just please don't tell GregiBoy and Maineman what I just said about VLC. OK? Keep it just between us.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                Gotcha IP....

Nah, no problems. Maineman & I most probably favour VLC because we've used it for years without problems and I've had no need to change because I am not into Blu-Ray.
                It's OK GregiBoy, Nobody's perfect
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X