This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 5.1 encoded file no sound

Hello fellow rippers, I am having some trouble with DVDFAB6.1.0.5, I used the PS3 option under DVD to Mobile and encode a episode from a DVD I want to archive on my NAS. The picture is good but there is no sound when I play it on my PS3. The PS3 says it is playing in 5.1 and my bose v30 does see it as AAC 5.1 but there is no sound.

I am running the file from a lacie 1TB big disk, to the PS3 over my home network. PS3 is outputting sound and video via HDMI to my bose V30.

Alternatively I ripped a VOB of the same episode in 5.1 and it plays great however Im looking for a smaller file size since I am archiving the whole series. Any help or sugestions would be appreciated.

What specific profile are you using and does the file play correctly on your PC? Have you changed any of the settings of the profile?

Try it with VLC Player.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have also moved your thread to the "Mobile" sub-forum as it is more appropriate and you are more likely to get answers here.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I would also have a look at this post as some PS3 owners are having problems.

Comment

HI gregiboy! I used the Ps3 profile under PS3 in DVD to mobile option. I made no changes to this profile. I specifically want 5.1 SRS and this profile already has it built in.

Comment

Yes but your HDMI connection may not be sending the AAC audio across correctly.

Try the generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy profile and report back the results.

I will also get our resident PS3 expert, Wild and Blue, to have a look at your post when he comes on line.

Comment

I'll take a look at that profile a.s.a.p. currently Fab is running that BD5 test I prematurely aborted. I appreciate GregiBoy thinking enough of me to call me the resident PS3 expert but I'm honestly not. More than happy to try and help in any way possible. Best I can do is encode a movie only to the PS3 profile and put it on a 8gb flashdrive. I don't own a Lacie 1TB big disk or use a home network. so those factors in mind I'll see what happens. I might also mention my PS3 outputs directly to my TV. Might be a while before I can post back though.

Comment

W&B,

Can you also please try the generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy profile that I suggested?

Comment

absolutely, np. any certain movie or just anything?
                  Edit: ok I have a short clip I'll do about 10 minutes in length. I still have about 10 minutes left on this compression test and then I'll start. will post back asap.
                  Last edited by W&B; 10-12-2009, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Will do encoding with the generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy profile now I will post with resaults.

Comment

ok sorry, lost my clip and ripped another. selecting the PS3 format and not changing anything as the OP stated My clip played fine over my PS3. will test the generic when I get it encoded and I made sure I had 5.1 track selected.

Comment

Ok ripped the file with the audio copy profile and now the 5.1 SRS works. I guess Ill have to use this profile for now on. But why would there be a PS3 profile for 5.1 if it doesnt work? Hmmmm. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

I don't have a surround sound system but it did play fine straight to tv from PS3.
                          This is what media info reports on my encoded file if it helps in any troubleshooting and You are welcome.
                          General
                          Complete name : C:\Users\Numb\Documents\DVDFab\ps3\ERIC_CLAPTON___ FRIENDS\ERIC_CLAPTON___FRIENDS.Title1.mp4
                          Format : MPEG-4
                          Format profile : Base Media
                          Codec ID : isom
                          File size : 619 MiB
                          Duration : 58mn 54s
                          Overall bit rate : 1 468 Kbps
                          Movie name : ERIC_CLAPTON___FRIENDS.Title1.DVDRip
                          Album : ERIC_CLAPTON___FRIENDS
                          Encoded date : 2009
                          Writing application : Lavf52.33.0

Video
                          ID : 1
                          Format : AVC
                          Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
                          Format profile : Baseline@L3.0
                          Format settings, CABAC : No
                          Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
                          Codec ID : avc1
                          Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
                          Duration : 58mn 54s
                          Bit rate mode : Variable
                          Bit rate : 1 271 Kbps
                          Width : 608 pixels
                          Height : 464 pixels
                          Display aspect ratio : 4:3
                          Frame rate mode : Constant
                          Frame rate : 29.970 fps
                          Resolution : 24 bits
                          Colorimetry : 4:2:0
                          Scan type : Progressive
                          Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.150
                          Stream size : 535 MiB (87%)

Audio
                          ID : 2
                          Format : AAC
                          Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
                          Format version : Version 4
                          Format profile : LC
                          Format settings, SBR : No
                          Codec ID : 40
                          Duration : 58mn 53s
                          Bit rate mode : Variable
                          Bit rate : 192 Kbps
                          Channel(s) : 6 channels
                          Channel positions : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, LFE
                          Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
                          Resolution : 16 bits
                          Stream size : 81.1 MiB (13%)

Comment

Nah, the profile says AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)

If you edit the PS3 profile, you will see in there that it says Channels= 2!!

There are an awful lot of incompatabilites between players/amps/HDMI 1.2/HDMI 1.3/codecs etc so you just have to, by trial and error usually, find something that works for you.

I HATE THIS HDMI/AAC SH1T !!! Give me Component (PyPbPr) and Optical/CoAx Dolby Digital any day !!!!

Now that I've had my 2 cents worth !!!!

Afetr looking at the PS3 specs, you may be better trying the generic.avi.h264.audiocopy profile.

W&B, Thanks for your assistance. It proved something to me.

Comment

Sorry I know nothing really about encoding but all I did was select the PS3 format and never changed anything. I did open the edit tab to make sure it had 5.1 in the dropdown at the bottom under the audio section but it was already selected or so I thought. anything else I can do just let me know my friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X