This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) BD to iPod Touch

I cannot get BD-to-mobile to create MP4 that works for iPod Touch using iPod/iPhone profile. I'm using version 7.0.7.0.

Is this version capable of this?

Thanks

Yes it should be. You can try updating to the latest beta which is 7.0.7.8 to see if that fixes whatever is wrong, but we really need more info before we can continue further. What movie? What settings are you using? Stuff like that.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

BD to iPod Touch

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've tried several this with several BDs including Star Trek 11 (Newest StarTrek), Iron Man and Wall-E. They all create .m4v files instead of the .mp4 that's created by default when you go from DVD to iPod. The .m4v output doesn't appear to be compatible with the iPod Touch.

I'm using all default settings in the default profile for the iPod, but the video format (in the Conversion Settings screen) is defaulting to h264 versus MPEG-4 when I rip from DVD to iPod.

Comment

My iPod Touch plays h264 files with the m4v extension just fine when properly authored. I’m not sure how to help you; I don’t fool with BD at all but don’t spend too much time worrying about the m4v file extension that’s not the issue.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

BD to iPod Touch iOS 4 Update

I've tried the standard profile as well as the iPhone profile to no avail. The settings for conversion using Star Trek 11 are:

960x640
          Fixed Bitrate of 1000 kbps
          Audio Bitrate of 64 kbps

Thanks

Comment

It sounds like you're having similar problems to me (see my thread "Has ANYONE converted Blu-Ray to iPod Classic"). I think there is a serious problem with creating MP4 or M4V and to be honest after reading the forum I'm not sure this has ever worked at all... I've experimented creating my own profiles that use values compatible with the iPod Classic spec and still no joy.

I'm currently trying the new 7.0.8.0 version, but the release notes make no mention of a fix to Blu-Ray to MP4/M4V. By the way, the specs are on the Apple website (just Google iPhone specs) and m4v is supported.

I did try taking the file created by Blu-Ray to mobile and pass it through File to Mobile as well. The result does load to my iPod, but in every case there is no soundtrack at all..

DVDFab support are being helpful, but I'm still trying to get them to accept that there is a serious problem with mp4/m4v on Apple device. I guess I'll have to be patient - I do however have faith that they will eventually sort it out.

Comment

This is a quote from Ting back in march:
              hi,

please tell me more information about this problem.
              which movie is your converted, and only this movie have this problem
              and what profile is your using, generic.mp4, current we not provide the iTouch profile in "Blu-ray to Mobile".

thanks.”

I’ve seen nothing in release notes since that time that would indicate this has changed. It is certainly possible I missed it?

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=4049&highlight=Ting
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

I can do it by coverting Blu-Ray to MKV first.
                Then I open my old version of DVDFab 6 and covert MKV to iPod Touch.
                I get great results this way.

Comment

Working...
                X