This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) PS3 profile question "no audio"

I have a couple of PS3s and a couple of WD Lives and am trying to convert to mobile. I did BR to BR to the hard drive and then when I do BR to Mobile I select the PS3 profile. I have the main title no subpicture and select the DTS-HD with the ps3.mp4.hd profile. I have tried changing the profile to increase audio bit rate to 128 from 96, I have tried 96, both of these are 5.1 multichannel, I have tried changing video bit rate from 2500 to 10,000. Seems no matter what I do I am not getting sound to get to the mobile file that will play on the PS3. I have also tried MKV and no luck although I see it will not play directly on the PS3. But anyway they will all play on the WD Lives. Again my problem is audio not video, the video looks great even @ 2500 bit rate with 1280x544 resolution......

Don't know if it matters BUT I am using the opticial audio out on the PS3. The title is Pitch Black and my BR to BR rip did include the HD sound.

Do I just need to punt this whole BR conversion and stick to DVD to mobile of which has worked great for more than 200 titles?? Not to start anything but the visual to me is not that much of a difference.

Any direction would be great, as always thanks.

From what I have read & remember, the PS3 will not play this audio stream from file by design.

Perhaps someone else can confirm?

I'd stay with the DVD to Mobile which works for you.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

That profile would be converting the sound to AAC which the PS3 would play just fine.

Some troubleshooting is in order. First you might try changing the channel output in the options to Stereo. By default this is 5.1.

You can tell if the PS3 recognizes the audio by hitting the select button during playback. You would also need to make sure that 5.1 is checked in the settings of the PS3 to pass to the receiver.

Comment

They ALL worked.... Still need to solve the 5.1 chan sound issue which has to be between the Ps3 and / or the amp..... I'll convert a slice of a BR and test it out tonight, but I can get Pro Log2, Pro Log and Stereo to play...

Actually I should have caught that myself because I had tried everything else BUT that. I

Oh the PS3 does have everything checked in sound, including the 5.1.

Thanks for the help.
        Last edited by fotheena; 07-07-2010, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X