This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a Video for YouTube

Hi all, we have several dvd videos that we need to convert so they can be uploaded to YouTube. I was curious to know what are the best options to use, such as resolution, audio format and file type (wmv, avi, etc)?

Something else, it seems like when I create a wmv at different resolutions, the file size is almost exactly the same (30mb for a 5 min video). Any way to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

For the YouTube video, I would use the "To FLV" option because that is the native format of YouTube.

On the WMV issue, it is most probably the Windows Media Encoder which is used which has all sorts of idiosyncracies. Unles you are using a fixed file size in the settings.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for your reply. One other question....is there a way in this program to edit the starting point of the video before it converts it?

For example, I want to start 8 seconds from the beginning for these youtube videos.

If I can't do that, what do you recommend as some good steps to accomplish this task and then finally put into the flv format for youtube?

I tried using Windows Movie Maker by first creating an wmf file, however, it always wants to change the aspect ratio to 640x480 and not leave it at the original of 480x360. Not sure if that will really degrade the quality if I resize again after the fact.

Again, thanks in advance.
      Last edited by ripple; 10-14-2009, 01:51 PM.

Comment

No way to edit start points by time, only by chapters. Have no real idea on other software as I am not into the whole YouTube scenario and this is a Fab forum so discussion of other software is a no-no.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X