This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrinking?

Useing this program i've been useing currently DVD to DVD, Main Movie. Well yes its copying all 3g-4g worth of movie from the disk over. Is there a way to shrink it, if i would use Movie to Mobile, would that actually shrink down the movie or would it still be the 3g-4g? Just wondering if there is a way to get the same quality movie, and save some hard drive space.

Thanks

using a mobile format will never give you same video quality as what you are getting now but give this link below a read and try the mobile settings mentioned to see results

Best Practice: DVD to Mobile

I also moved this thread to the mobile section for you as it is more targeted to that section than any other section

Comment

Thank you, i've went over that last night, but you didn't seem to answer my question. I understand I wont get the Quality that i'm getting now, or near it, but if i wanted a Option to try and Lower the amount of space that the movie is taken up on my Hard Drive, were would i go to acomplish that? Should i go to dvd to Moblie route? Or is there some other method that you would recommend to "Shrink" I guess is the word people use the file.

Thanks

Comment

The DVD to Mobile route is the only way to get a smaller file size but you will lose video quality that way. All you have to do is try them and see what is to your liking as everyone has different opinions on how good video quality is.

Actually I did answer last night movie only is the best quality and the smallest size you will get for that quality of picture. If you are just going to watch on your Laptop and have and hour or 2 to convert each DVD to a mobile format then select either avi or mkv. If you want the best quality at fastest rip time then movie only is the only way to go and if you just want one file then you would want to save as iso. You can as well test out the mobile format settings that GregiBoy posted in the best practice for mobile to see if that a good enough quality that you like and then go from there using that as something to use
        Last edited by AGJ; 07-06-2010, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Hah, yea your right i guess i am a pain. The whole Iso thing i keep clicking it and trying to save it as .ISO but it still comes up the same way maybe my computers just being a Tard haha. Yea, thank you again tho. Think i'm going to try and keep going on the way i am, So far i've got about i say 25 dvds on this 1TB and its sitting at 10% full, after doing a ruff count of how many i think i have i'm going to need maybe 2-3 at the rate i'm going thats why i'm doing what i can with what i have. Might just order up me a 2TB see how many i can get and Moblie the rest of the ones i dont watch so much.

Thanks

Comment

Well if I remember correctly you can have about 250 movie only files on a 1tb drive that are at a dvd5 size. You said you have about 300 DVDs so that just might be enough for them
            Last edited by AGJ; 07-06-2010, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I've been converting massive numbers of movies to Mobile conversions for a while now and I am very impressed with the quality and ease of play.

With the help of GregiBoy and his

Samsung LA52A850 Television profile,

I suspect you will be favorably impressed too.
              The video quality is outstanding and I get 800-900 flicks on a 1 TB hdd.
              These are rendered from uncompressed DVD to DVD files archived to hdds.

Right now I'm using an Argosy HV335-T MP with nothing short of outstanding results.

The samsung profile linked above serves as a great place to "get your feet wet".
              I encourage you to give this a chance.
              My bet is you you'll be hooked.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Links broke, or outdated.

Thanks for all the help, i really do kinda need a retards guide to doing this. I've been playing with music all my life, and when i got into DvDs it was a whole new world.

Comment

Try the "New Profiles" section of this forum. It is in there.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I don't know what's up with the links lately...a few have been non-working.
                    As GregiBoy said above...
                    or try this one:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                    X