This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBox 360 Media Center Extender: Looking for the appropriate forum

I can't seem to find the right forum catagory. I want to back up my DVD collection to a format that is playable via my XBox 360 Media Center Extender.

I don't mind paying for a product if it does what I want, but I can't seem to find a suitable product.

I've tried Mikinho's transcode but it still wants me to play the individual VTS files. (unless I'm doing something wrong)

Any help? I've been looking for months now.

Thanks
    W7 Pro
    360 extender

Well give the DVD to Mobile a try as it has a Xbox 360 output that can be seen by the extender and you can as well use I think avi, wmv and vob passthrough all located in the DVD to Mobile module and can be seen by the xbox 360 being used as extender

Comment

Yup, while I don't have an Xbox 360, DVD to Mobile should take care of your needs.
      If you haven't availed yourself of the 30-day free trial yet, you should.
      All the modules including DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile will be fully functional for the 30 day period.

In any event, let's move you to the appropriate subforum
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I was hopeful about the DVD to xbox but the best resolution I can get is 720x406. I don't think I get why that is.

That would look like I'm watching through a dirty screen door on a 52" 1920x180

It has an "add" button for custom resolution but does nothing when I try to use it??

Thanks,
        W7 Pro
        360 extender

Comment

That's because that is the maximum resolution that DVD's are composed at. BluRay is a different kettle of fish.

If you wish to resize the video with software, you are asking for trouble.

Just leave your player/TV do the resizing.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The other item to note is that the DVD to Mobile portion of Fab has issues with AV sync depending on the format selected. Using the xBox profile will yield a WMV file that will be out of sync about 3/4 of the way through the video. Check other threads here for more details. YMMV depending on the region of the video and format selected.

Comment

Working...
            X