This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabcore crashing in 7.0.8.0

Was attempting to convert some mp4 files (originally converted from DVD to mp4 with DVDFab) to m4v ipod Touch format.

Fabcore spins up memory usage to around 1.6GB, then dies after processing around 200MB or so of output (none of which gets written to disk until I cancel DVDFab). DVDFab never realizes that Fabcore is dead, it just keeps waiting until I hit Cancel.

Let me know what information is needed, I have tried changing the A/V codecs for H.264 decoding between CoreAVC, DXVA, and Software, but nothing seems to change the result.

The event viewer is showing this:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-07-15T05:22:50.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>4807</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Blah-XPC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>fabCore.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.5.4</Data>
    <Data>4c3d1f82</Data>
    <Data>codecs.dll</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>4c23155c</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00152e71</Data>
    <Data>1f54</Data>
    <Data>01cb23dd871a2129</Data>
    <Data>D:\PROGRA~2\DVDFAB~1\fabCore.exe</Data>
    <Data>D:\PROGRA~2\DVDFAB~1\codecs.dll</Data>
    <Data>028c160b-8fd1-11df-8c09-005056c00008</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

I have duplicated this on my other PC, I had an older version of DVDFab (7.0.6.7) that I loaded onto it, and got the same results. It appears that if my source file is an mp4 (all of my mp4's were created by DVDFab, so I have no way to test non-DVDFab generated mp4's yet) that the end result is Fabcore spinning up a huge amount of memory while it processes the first however much of the file (DVDFab never writes data out to disk but its memory increases as well).

When Fabcore dies, I have to manually cancel DVDFab. Cancelling DVDFab causes all the portion of the movie that got converted to be written to disk. The file that is written looks great but is of course incomplete.

Both of my systems run Win7 x64, one has CoreAVC installed, the other does not. Both have ATI 5970's installed. One runs a Core i7 965 processor, the other runs dual Xeon X5680's. The 965 box has 6GB of memory, the X5680 one has 12GB.

I am using the ipod.touch profile. I also tried the ipod.appletv profile, and it failed. Using the generic.avi.h264.audiocopy profile worked fine. generic.avi.h264.mp3 fails with a Fabcore crash.

This seems to be true of other profiles as well. Even the NDS one.

Further testing under the generic column indicates with the same mp4 as the source file, any profile that is "audiocopy" works fine, and the others (aac or mp3) all fail.

Note that short videos would likely not reach Fabcore's memory limit and might successfully convert.

Also, all of my source mp4's are h.264 with aac audio that were created for PS3 consumption.
    Last edited by TI Master; 07-15-2010, 06:42 AM.

Comment

This bug continues to exist in 7.0.8.2

Comment

If they are mp4 made for the PS3 just change the file extension from mp4 to m4v and load them into iTunes and then to the Touch. They'll play as is.

Or better still copy to a different folder and rename then you'll have both versions.
        Last edited by 90312; 07-18-2010, 04:01 AM.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Agreed, but the mp4's for PS3 are a lot bigger than after conversion to ipod touch resolution, so I can get a lot more content loaded if I can convert. But I am just copying them direct as a workaround for now.

Comment

I resisted doing this for the same reason at first, but I found that after watching a movie, or two if lucky, I was back to the computer for a battery charge anyway. If I were going on the road and charging from the car I would do what you are doing to save space too.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X