This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) blu ray media info

Was wondering if someone could take look at this picture.On the left is conversion form dvd to mobile using apple tv profile.have been doing this with most of my dvd to mobile as it the best format that play on my samsung omnia,the one on right is blu ray to mp4 profile.
    As you can see there isn't a lot of difference between these file yet the dvd rip will play fine but the blu-ray worn't.am i missing something?

zia

Originally posted by zia View Post
    As you can see there isn't a lot of difference between these file yet the dvd rip will play fine but the blu-ray worn't.am i missing something?

zia
    Yes zia, you are missing something. DVD2Mob content coded in Baseline format profile, and BD2Mob - in Main. Most of mobile devices can only handle Baseline, some of them - Main, none of them can support High profile. You should check specs for your device, most likely it doesn't support Main profile.
    It should play fine on your computer however, with any software player. Here's good one if you don't have one:
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Yes zia, you are missing something. DVD2Mob content coded in Baseline format profile, and BD2Mob - in Main. Most of mobile devices can only handle Baseline, some of them - Main, none of them can support High profile. You should check specs for your device, most likely it doesn't support Main profile
      Thank you very much for enlightening me .so this is the main reason why non of the blu ray to mp4 are working,so i take it most people who are ripping blu ray to mp4 are encountering the same problem.
      I wonder what mobile device support this format natively,? and if there is any way to change the profile to make it encode in baseline?

zia

Comment

some mobile devices have an HDMI out where you can have those files on the device and then hook the device up to TV using HDMI and watch the file that way. As for a mobiel device that supports that I not know at the moment but think the new iphone supports it

Comment

Sorry to butt in, but do I understand you correctly when you say "DVD2Mob content coded in Baseline format profile, and BD2Mob - in Main. Most of mobile devices can only handle Baseline". Taken at face value that means BD2MOB OUTPUT CANNOT BE PLAYED ON MOST MOBILE DEVICES?

That would explain why I can't get ANY converted Blu-Ray to play on my iPod!!! According to the Apple iPod specification my 6G iPod Classic only supports "H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile"!!!!!

I have written several emails to DVDFab Support and nobody mentioned that! (Also see my forum post "Has ANYONE converted Blu-Ray to iPod Classic?").

If my interpretation is correct, what use is BD2MOB if MOST mobile devices can't play the output?
          Last edited by SaturnV; 07-19-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaturnV View Post
            That would explain why I can't get ANY converted Blu-Ray to play on my iPod!!! According to the Apple iPod specification my 6G iPod Classic only supports "H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile"!!!!!

I have written several emails to DVDFab Support and nobody mentioned that! (Also see my forum post "Has ANYONE converted Blu-Ray to iPod Classic?").

If my interpretation is correct, what use is BD2MOB if MOST mobile devices can't play the output?
            SaturnV,
            I'm sorry that there were no clarity in response to your inquiry. I recall in correspondence related to your inquiries there were mentioning that there is no iPhone/iPod profile available, except the one for iPhone 4.
            As you may know BR2BR and BR2Mob are both brand new options in DVDFab family of programs and still under development, were File2Mob is old one and well suited.
            So far, profiles available in BR2Mob are "generic" in nature and are rather designed for use in media players, gaming consoles, iPad, etc., which are considered as "mobile devices" as well.
            I want to share with you my way of handling situation. Like most of us, besides mediaplayer (Iin my case - WD TV), I have number mobile devices in my family, including iPhones, iPods, and some other things.... I converting all my DVDs and BDs into MKV file (by far, this is the best container out there, and works perfectly in DVDFab). I store MKV on external HDDs and use as my primary source for home viewing (DVDs and BDs becoming a "backup" copies). I then, using File2Mob mode in DVDFab to convert MKV into multiple formats for numerous gadgets in my household. This way, I have NEVER got any problems with a/v sync, artifacts, etc. mentioned by other users. And I have hard time in replicating of those issues mentioned by other users.
            However, considering my circumstances, this way became "the way" of handling my videos for me. I understand desire of having "straight up" option of converting BR to iPod Classic, and my way doing it can be temporary solution for you until direct profile will become available in BR2Mob option.

On another hand, if you are enthusiastic about that and have basic knowledge of profile editing, you may try to do some things.... Thanks to developers who made profiles in BR2Mob editable. You can try to edit existed profiles and change "Main" to "Baseline" (I'm not sure if it editable though), or try other tweaks and create your own profile. It could be very exciting BTW.
            If you wish going that direction, I would recommend visit "New Profiles" thread on this forum and contact GregiBoy if you have questions. He's a true guru in things like that and very helpful.
            Last edited by IPopov50; 07-19-2010, 07:35 PM.
            sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

On another hand, if you are enthusiastic about that and have basic knowledge of profile editing, you may try to do some things.... Thanks to developers who made profiles in BR2Mob editable.
              Have tried playing around with creating a profile in bd-mob but its not possible, well at least not on 7.0.4.0.

zia

Comment

Originally posted by zia View Post
                Have tried playing around with creating a profile in bd-mob but its not possible, well at least not on 7.0.4.0.

zia
                What is not possible?? I edited some of the profiles for myself, and there are plenty customized profiles in "New Profiles" thread....
                sigpic

Comment

What is not possible?? I edited some of the profiles for myself, and there are plenty customized profiles in "New Profiles" thread....
                  Not possible to create a custom profile for BLU-RAY to MP4.there is no option to change to baseline at all.i stand corrected if you can post a screen shot with profile in dvd fab using blu ray option and i guide or xml that works.

thanks zia

Comment

OK. Here we go.... again. It makes me wonder, what is a "Search" function on this forum for????
                    Anyway, all profiles you can find in istallation folder: C:/ ->Program Files (or Program Files(x86) if you have 64bit OS) ->DVDFab 7 ->profiles2 -> all profiles are listed there. You can open them with Notepad to see what's in there and edit. I would recommend to save copy of original profile to avoid re-installation.
                    After you select the one that suitable for you, you can open preset associated with selected profile. Presets are located in folder "preset" in a same directory (see above). You can try to change format profile there. BR2Mob module is Me-based, so all values are the same as in Me. Good luck.
                    sigpic

Comment

OK. Here we go.... again. It makes me wonder, what is a "Search" function on this forum for????
                      Yes i am aquainted with that function,i have used it and i know how to create profile and
                      yes i have created a profile and placed in the correct folder,but it wasn't showing up when you launched dvdfab in the drop down menu,which is sorted now,
                      i have made a file and made what i believe is the correct changes.my problem so far is the profile don't mention the output change from MAIN to BASELINE,and am not farmiliar on how to open or make changes to the preset.

thanks for you patience zia

Comment

Preset you can open with Notepad, find values you want to change (same as in Me), change them, save... you're done.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X