X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Rip from Blu Ray Nas Drive

Hi All,

I have just purchased a LG 2TB nas with Blu Ray writer. My plan being to use this to stream my movies around the house once i have ripped all of my DVD's into DIVX,

Now i dont have a blu ray in my actual PC, but the NAS enclosure has one for backup.

Before i go and get one on specifically my PC, - does anyone think it will possible to Rip a blue ray via a drive attached to the network? I know that playing encrypted files doesnt work - but does ripping?

Thanks

I would not think so.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

PS. Don't use DivX, use MKV
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Could be an interesting one to try. been reading some other forums who have had some success with playing a retail Blu Ray from their network NAS using ISCSI.

First thing when its delivered im going to give it a try and see if i can rip a film :-)

Comment

Incredible - Looks hopeful

Hi All,

Just thought i would post during my first trial.

LG N2B1 - 2TB NAS with Blu Ray burner. Set up ISCSI interface, connected to ISCSI initiator on Windows 7 and amazinging the Blu Ray drive popped up in my list of available devices.

Launched up my copy of DVD FAB, and selected the trail of Blu Ray to Mobile (only have DVD and DVD to mobile at the moment) and it saw the disc, scanned it, and is now currently ripping an episode of the tudors!

Looks like its quite slow as its being done over wifi, (1hour 14 5 left for a 52 minute blu ray episode)

But it does look hopeful.

£239 for a 2TB NAS with blu ray that seems to be working with DVD FAB....

Now Thats just FABulous!

I'll post as soon as its finished and see whats happened

Comment

yay It works!

Im now the proud owner of a MKV file ripped from a blu ray NAS device.

Way to go!

Comment

Working...
            X