This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) black lines + jerky playback

Hi, this is my first time here, i'll try to explain as much as i can, it might go on a bit. For a while now i've been trying to transfer my BD's to a smaller format to play on the tv downstairs on my laptop. By the way my system is as follows, Q6600 G0 @ 3.25ghz, 4gb XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500, Asus Radeon HD 5770, 2 500gb hdd on Raid0.

I want to start with The Da Vinci Code Extended so my parents can watch it. I've been doing them as avi.h264 audiocopy, this first one i did as avi.h264 mp3. i went to edit profile, and tried the lower res of 1280X528 - bits\pixel 0.150 - aspect 2.42424, i left video effect settings as auto. Played it back on 3 programs and it worked fine (apart from the subs which didn't work right, but that don't bother me right now).

Next, i tried a 1920x800 version, left everything the same as above and just changing the res of the file, and this is when i started to get the black lines on top and bottom even tho it had auto cropped the video, and it stuttering slightly on playback every few seconds on 3 different programs. I then read some forum posts to try and fix it, none have worked yet that i've found.

These included changing from DXVA to software, removing DivX codec, ticking keep aspect ratio in video settings, doing manual cropping, adding customized size to 1920x800 and one as 1920x1080. In common settings, even changing blu-ray-blu-ray to slow speed-high quality to see if that helped. Someone also suggested removing a program worked for them, not for me tho. I've got rid of a few programs and re-installed the latest version of the K-lite 32bit and 64bit codec pack. I've also tried these on Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and it does the same. I've tried it various ways but i bet its something really simple im doing wrong (or i hope it is).

i have been using 7.0.8.2 last few times but it still does it. Long i know, if i've missed anything just tell me.

It sounds like you have two problems here.

Let's tackle the black lines first.

You are always going to end up with black lines with widescreen movies that are composed at anything greater than 1.85:1 aspect ratio The titles that you mention certainly fall into that category.

Here is a good explanation about the black bars.

http://hometheater.about.com/gi/o.ht..._Necessary/853

On the stuttering, this can be caused by a variety of factors, usually caused by too high a bitrate that the playing device cannot handle.

Can you please download MediaInfo and give us the details on your problem children?
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 07-21-2010, 06:50 PM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Heres the media info on the last file i did. I can understand the bars being there, its just its encoded IN the file. so the video plays back as 1920x1080 and not 1920x800. Its as tho the cropping isn't taking them away pre-processing.

CompleteName : C:\avi\DA_VINCI_CODE.Title1.avi
      Format : AVI
      Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
      Format_Profile : OpenDML
      FileSize/String : 6.51 GiB
      Duration/String : 2h 54mn
      OverallBitRate/String : 5 334 Kbps
      Movie : DA_VINCI_CODE.Title1.DVDRip
      Encoded_Application : Lavf52.33.0
      OriginalSourceForm/Name : DA_VINCI_CODE

Video
      ID/String : 0
      Format : AVC
      Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
      CodecID : H264
      BitRate/String : 4 877 Kbps
      Width/String : 1 920 pixels
      Height/String : 800 pixels
      DisplayAspectRatio/String : 2.40:1
      FrameRate/String : 23.976 fps
      ColorSpace : YUV
      ChromaSubsampling : 4:2:0
      Bits-(Pixel*Frame) : 0.132
      StreamSize/String : 5.95 GiB (91%)

Audio
      ID/String : 1
      Format : AC-3
      Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
      Format_Settings_ModeExtension : CM (complete main)
      CodecID : 2000
      BitRate_Mode/String : Constant
      BitRate/String : 448 Kbps
      Channel(s)/String : 6 channels
      ChannelPositions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
      SamplingRate/String : 48.0 KHz
      BitDepth/String : 16 bits
      StreamSize/String : 560 MiB (8%)
      Alignment/String : Aligned on interleaves
      Interleave_Duration/String : 32 ms (0.77 video frame)
      Interleave_Preload/String : 32 ms

I shall try one with a lower bitrate. thanks
      Last edited by Podge4; 07-21-2010, 10:34 AM. Reason: added something

Comment

MediaInfo is showing the resolution that you specified.

Width/String : 1 920 pixels
        Height/String : 800 pixels

What really is the problem?

You need to explain yourself better because I really do not get it.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I've taken a screenshot of two versions of The Da Vinci Code. The left is a dvd rip using other programs to encode to divx avi. When i play that back in all my programs it looks like that, when i put it to full screen i get the black bars like i know it should due to aspect of film.

Vid on the right is dvdfab blu-ray to mobile (avi) rip, Every program i play this file back in i get the bars before going to full screen. i've used at least 4 programs for playback and they all turn out like that. Its as tho when i start play back it makes the file 4:3 with the bars, which i can't get rid of in 1920x800 mode.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X