This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy Help

Transferring my DVD's to a Media hard drive. I send them to my Media hard drive. They will not play once I plug the media drive into the tv. However, I can play them when the drive is connected to the computer. I have to click in 3 different folders to get to VOB file. Any Ideas?

Need more details here.

What sort of Media Player are you talking about and what are the specs of the files that it will play?

Without these details it is very hard for us to help you.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Its a Iomega ScreenPlay Pro HD Multi Media Drive. The box states the following:
      Video: MPEG-1, MPEG-2 (AVI/VOB); MPEG-4 (AVI/DiVX 3.11, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, HD/XViD)
      One one of my rips I got it to go in Windows Media Player (.iso) and it works fine.
      The others I have to copy the entire VIDEO_TS File folder to get it to work. Within this file is are BUP, IFO and VOB files.
      I think the VOB files are whats getting it to work but if I just try and transfer those files it will not play on the media drive. It seems to need the rest to make everything work.

Comment

What I would try for a start is DVD to Mobile and use the generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy profile.

See my guide "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" in the knowledgebase section of the forum.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X