X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Apple TV w/ AC3 Pass-thru

Hey Guys,

Loyal fan of DVDFab for years... I want to add a bump for an Apple TV preset for Blu-ray to Mobile. And, I would like to add a request for AC3 pass-thru as an audio option.

Many BDs today are encoded with DTS-Master requiring a separate step with Audio Converter to repackage the DTS audio as AC3 for Apple TV compatibility.

It would be great if we could do this all in one step. Today, it's a three step process: 1. rip the BD 2. convert the audio 3. re-encode the video.

There is no way, from what I can see, to carry forward the AC3 pass-thru to Apple TV. I know handbrake allows for this and I've used this with the Elgato solution. Would love to see this with DVDFab.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ChillyK View Post
    Hey Guys,

Loyal fan of DVDFab for years... I want to add a bump for an Apple TV preset for Blu-ray to Mobile. And, I would like to add a request for AC3 pass-thru as an audio option.

Many BDs today are encoded with DTS-Master requiring a separate step with Audio Converter to repackage the DTS audio as AC3 for Apple TV compatibility.

It would be great if we could do this all in one step. Today, it's a three step process: 1. rip the BD 2. convert the audio 3. re-encode the video.

There is no way, from what I can see, to carry forward the AC3 pass-thru to Apple TV. I know handbrake allows for this and I've used this with the Elgato solution. Would love to see this with DVDFab.

Thanks.
    Honestly, I don't see how it's possible, since I haven't seeing BDs with AC3 audio. You're correct, BDs are coming with some sort of HD sound or uncompressed lossless sound. Even if original BD mastered with Dolby TrueHD sound, and you remove HD overhead, you will get Dolby Digital 5.1 with about 1500 Kbps bitrate.
    In order to have anything pass-through, you have to have it on source disc, and don't see it happening with BD. As it stands now, you have to encode native audio stream into AC3, and that's another step.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yes, it will always be another step, but it would be cool if it could be another automated step in software; not another program to run.

I have probably reached a point with this process where it's time to make the move to Handbreak and start writing my own scripts. The BD conversion process seems to have gotten complicated.

Comment

Working...
      X