This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVDfab won't convert

I am trying to convert a dvd file to a AVI/Divx file and it won't do it. I just upgraded to the new 7.0.8.2 and for some reason the program starts and then it the encoding FPS drops to 0.0 and then nothing happens no matter how long I leave it. I've tried it for other movies as well as for other formats (PSP) with no luck.

FYI I have a never expiring license for dvd fab and dvd to mobile. Should I just uninstall and install again? I've also tried DVDFAB 6 and same results, I can't convert a dvd to a mobile file any more....

HELP!!

well could you read what is listed below and post all info mentioned to your next post reply to this thread

by
    signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you. Please have a look at the informational links in my signature below before reporting a problem as one of these may solve your problem.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
    The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
    If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
    Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
    DVDFab VERSION:
    DVDFab PROFILE:
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
    OUTPUT CROP:
    OUTPUT BITRATE:
    OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
    SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
    DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
    DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
    OUTPUT CROP: Auto
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
    OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

Originally posted by YoboRippr View Post
      I am trying to convert a dvd file to a AVI/Divx file and it won't do it. I just upgraded to the new 7.0.8.2 and for some reason the program starts and then it the encoding FPS drops to 0.0 and then nothing happens no matter how long I leave it. I've tried it for other movies as well as for other formats (PSP) with no luck.

FYI I have a never expiring license for dvd fab and dvd to mobile. Should I just uninstall and install again? I've also tried DVDFAB 6 and same results, I can't convert a dvd to a mobile file any more....

HELP!!
      Try 1-pass conversion, not 2-pass
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

my bad

Okay, sorry I didn't post any of the info, but I never got any error information. It would just freeze and not do anything.

I think I know what I was doing wrong, so it was my fault.

I had ripped the movie without any compression (DVD9) to my harddrive and I thought that I could use that file (instead of the dvd) to convert to a Dvix file. ( i could have sworn that it could do this) I guess Dvd fab (unless I use the mobile to mobile feature) can only convert the dvd to mobile if I actually use the dvd itself!

My bad, I realized this when I tried it with another movie (from the dvd) and it worked.

I just thought that as long as the dvd file was on my hard drive, it would work, but I guess I would need to get the mobile to mobile feature, which I won't because I rarely use that feature anyway.

Thanks for the responses anyway...

Comment

If you ripped to hard drive first you should be able to use that ripped folder as source for the DVD to Mobile. We always recommend that you do that instead of straight from DVD as that can cause corruption in the final video. Dvix only does the Movie and not the extras and menu so try and rip Main Movie only and use that as source to see if work for you

Comment

Working...
          X