Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Burning XviD files on DL discs?

Hello.

A question or two.

After making XviD backups of my movies, i would like to burn them on discs saving space on my harddrive. So i thougt i will get more on a DL disc then a SL disc. My question is.

You don`t set layerbreak burning XviD files correct? Using Nero.

When you watch the XviD files from a DL disc, do you get the pause during layerbreak? And if so. That pause will only happen when played from disc, if i copy the files back from the disc to my harddrive. And playback the same file where the layerbreak pause was on the disc, i will not appear correct? There is no damage made to the file is what i`m getting at. Just making sure i don`t damage the files.

Thank You!

No such thing as layerbreak with XVid files. Just use Nero and treat it like you were burning a normal data dvd.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

THANK YOU!!

Is 4x the safest speed when burning XviD files on a DL disc?

Comment

Generally, burning dvd's at half the rated speed of the media or half the speed of the burner, whichever is the LESSER is good practice.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

THANKS AGAIN.

One last thing. If the burner burn 16x and the media burn 16x, it is safe to burn at 8x?

But if media has lower speed then the burner, i should burn half the speed as the media then?

Comment

That is correct

Comment

Working...
            X