X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Can't convert a DVD in AVI

First of all that program is great but I'm having a problem with a DVD

I bought a DVD (Made in Portugal) and I want to make Rips of the episodes.

I've just ran the DVD enumerous times in programs like DVDShrink, DVD Decrypter, DVDFab itself.

What I do is...
    DVD to Mobile - Generic - Chose DVD source - choose Region 2 (Western Europe) - choose what I want to Rip - Profile Edit and right next to this Click START and in the next screen the percent thing starts at 0.33 and starts to go down until it reaches 0.00% and stays there all the time. Today I tried to rip it and went to lunch. 1h later it was at 0.

Is there something wrong? of course it is lol I just don't know what.
    I don't know if it is because of the protection since I ran the DVD into 3 different programs and the outcome is the same.

Program version used is 7.0.9.0

No error log created and I used everything as usual and can't Rip Portuguese DVDs. I tried 2 and the outcome was the same for both.

SOURCE FILE TYPE: AVI
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: XviD
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 640x352 or 624x352
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: MP3
    DVDFab VERSION: 7.0.9.0
    DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.MP3
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
    OUTPUT CROP: AUTO
    OUTPUT BITRATE: -----
    OUTPUT PASSES: 2

I'm sorry if I this post is in the wrong section
    Thanks
    Last edited by FidbecK; 08-05-2010, 05:56 PM.

Could use more info so can you read what is listed below and post what is mentioned that you not post already to your next post reply to this thread.

by
    signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you. Please have a look at the informational links in my signature below before reporting a problem as one of these may solve your problem.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
    The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
    If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
    Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
    DVDFab VERSION:
    DVDFab PROFILE:
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
    OUTPUT CROP:
    OUTPUT BITRATE:
    OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
    SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
    DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
    DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
    OUTPUT CROP: Auto
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
    OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

sounds like you probably have a tiny scratch that causes the dvd reader to freeze.

That's usually whats the problem when read goes to zero using multiple programs...

Comment

@ ACJ
        First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post.
        No error of any kind appears in a pop-up and no crashes.
        about this info
        - The nature of the problem.
        The time goes by and the Encoding FPS goes to 0.00

- The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
        I used to change the parameters but this time I used generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy and generic.avi.xvid.MP3 and the same happened

- If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
        I've changed one and appears generic.default but can't find it! (the name because the profiles are all in DVDFab folder)

- Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
        This happens with Portuguese DVDs. I can't say all but at least with 2 happened.

- Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
        Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) SP 2
        Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz S-478
        LG Electronics Montevina Chipset Intel PM45
        Hyundai Electronics 533MHz DDR3 (7-7-7-20)
        nVidia GeForce 9600M GT 512MHz GDDR3 PCI-E x16
        DirectX: 11
        Total RAM Size: 4Gb

- If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
        No. been using this same hardware since I bought it

- If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.
        Nothing.

BTW I attached the log of MediaInfo on the DVD (searched in VIDEO_TS folder)
        I had to split in 2 because the total size was 21k and the limit is 19!

@ crackinhedz
        I tried both physical and virtual (ISO) DVDs and the same happens.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by FidbecK; 08-06-2010, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FidbecK View Post
          @ crackinhedz
          I tried both physical and virtual (ISO) DVDs and the same happens.
          that's why I'm sayin', you probably have a tiny scratch on the disc.

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
            that's why I'm sayin', you probably have a tiny scratch on the disc.
            1st is 3 DVD collection and the other is 9 DVD collection.

if that happened in one or 2, but in 12 DVDs is a bit strange

Comment

1st is 3 DVD collection and the other is 9 DVD collection.

if that happened in one or 2, but in 12 DVDs is a bit strange
              ...well you didn't mention all that?

I normally use Shrink for dvd ripping, but Ive also used a program called RipIt4Me, when shrink wouldn't work.

My only other thought? perhaps your movie from Portugal is Pal instead of NTSC? don't know if that should even matter, but perhaps is causing a glitch?

Do these DVD's play fine in a dvd player?

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
                ...well you didn't mention all that?

I normally use Shrink for dvd ripping, but Ive also used a program called RipIt4Me, when shrink wouldn't work.

My only other thought? perhaps your movie from Portugal is Pal instead of NTSC? don't know if that should even matter, but perhaps is causing a glitch?

Do these DVD's play fine in a dvd player?
                I kinda forgot to mention that lol

I already used DVDShrink and DVDecrypter and DVDfab to take the protections off but in the end the result was the same.

Yeah in Europe the system is PAL I guess. If that is what is causing the glitch iI really don't know lol that s up to the programming team to tell if it is or not.

Yeah the DVDs I mention play fine both in TV and Laptop.

I really wish that someone could give some help on this.
                Last edited by AGJ; 08-07-2010, 05:46 AM. Reason: removed text

Comment

Ok let's try something. Go to common settings the green dot with check mark top right of DVDFab and go to A/V CODEC. Change everything to software and then give it another try to see if the problem changes

Comment

It won't change because it was already in Software by default and in Codec Information it is written this

Graphics Chipset :
                    NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Supported Video Codecs :

CoreAVC : cannot be detected.
                    Besides the nVidia Drivers (not updated) I have installed nVidia Physics. But I guess that won't be a problem since in other DVDs the ripping works fine
                    Last edited by FidbecK; 08-07-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

It has been 3 days since my last reply.

No more help?

Comment

Still no answer?
                        OMG

Comment

Are you able to use the DVD to DVD in Full Disc mode to rip the DVD and save that rip to hard drive? Then are you able to use that rip saved to HDD using DVD to Mobile?

Give what I suggest a try and post back what happened. Also we really need the log files located document-dvdfab-log. Just most recent ones are what we need and should be something saved there for all DVDs you have done

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                            Are you able to use the DVD to DVD in Full Disc mode to rip the DVD and save that rip to hard drive? Then are you able to use that rip saved to HDD using DVD to Mobile?

Give what I suggest a try and post back what happened. Also we really need the log files located document-dvdfab-log. Just most recent ones are what we need and should be something saved there for all DVDs you have done
                            Right now my HDD is almost full but i'll try later.
                            BTW nice website

One more question isn't there a DVDFab program that only rip DVD to DVD and DVD to mobile? freeware. I'm using mine in trial mode and when the 30 days finish i won't be using it.

Comment

Right now my HDD is almost full but i'll try later.
                              BTW nice website

One more question isn't there a DVDFab program that only rip DVD to DVD and DVD to mobile? freeware. I'm using mine in trial mode and when the 30 days finish i won't be using it.
                              DVDFab HD Decryptor can rip DVDs to hard drive without compression but no freeware from DVDFab for mobile format

Comment

Working...
                              X