Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) BluRay to MKV - 7 FPS?

Hi,

today I wanted to convert a movie from a BluRay ISO (the iso has only the movie, no extras or menu). When I start the process (mkv.default) DVDFab shows me about 80 FPS. But after 2-3 minutes I get only 7 FPS and a duration of 11-12 hours. Is this normal?

I got a E8500 Core2Duo (3,17Ghz), 4 GB RAM and a 8800GTX.
    This must be enough power.

This is normal. A lot of us are experiencing the same exact thing. There is a new encoding engine in the works though, so keep an eye out for it. Supposed to be BAD. Once that is out and WORKS, i will most likely buy the Bluray to mobile (and required bluray to bluray) options to add to my other ones. (Currently bought DVD2DVD, DVD2Mobile,File2File) Getting expensive to say the least when added all together, and comparing with other XX software doing all this. BUT, these guys are ALWAYS on top of there game for update's on new techniques and protections, so it's worth it (mostly).
    SVN :

Comment

yeah, I use another [free] program for converting bluray to mkv and it generally takes me that long...

It really has to do with your PC horse power (cores etc) and generally the version of x264 encoder being used. The program I use, uses the latest x264 64 bit, not sure what Fab uses.

But it does take a very long time depending on the movie...but hell, you save space without sacrificing much quality.

Ive stopped burning BD-R's because of cost. MKV through a media player is the way to go!

Comment

Can you pm the free programm?

Comment

Working...
        X