X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Choose FPS on MKV file

Hi!

I wonder one thing about the conversion from BD to MKV:
    Could I choose somewhere that I want 24p (fps) in MKV file?
    Many MKV is in 30p, and my TV does not support 30p, just 24p, 50p and 60p.
    The playback becomes laggy on my TV.

I think you are totally confused here with terminology.

FPS has absolutely nothing to do with what I suspect is the scan rate of your TV, 50Hz is normal for PAL & 60Hz is normal for NTSC.

What I think you are referring to is RESOLUTION, eg 1080i -1920 x 1080 INTERLACED whilst 1080p = 1920 x 1080 PROGRESSIVE.

Please do a little research on what you are actually asking and post back and we will try to assist.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      I think you are totally confused here with terminology.

FPS has absolutely nothing to do with what I suspect is the scan rate of your TV, 50Hz is normal for PAL & 60Hz is normal for NTSC.

What I think you are referring to is RESOLUTION, eg 1080i -1920 x 1080 INTERLACED whilst 1080p = 1920 x 1080 PROGRESSIVE.

Please do a little research on what you are actually asking and post back and we will try to assist.

My TV (LG 55LE550N) doesn't support 30 fps (frame rate).
      Therefore, the video playback is laggy when I play movies with 30 fps.
      MKV, VOB, M2TS, etc.

All movies with 24 fps (frame rate) flowing smoothly.
      Therefore, I wonder if I could choose if I want to convert my MKV to 24 fps when the source is 30 fps.

Comment

I can only find Finnish specs on this TV which I cannot understand.

Are you trying to play the file from an attached USB device? If that is the case it is a shortcoming of the player softwarenot the TV. I find this really strange as the native bitrate of a lot of NTSC DVD's is 29.97fps.

Yes, you can change the bitrate in the edit section of the Mobile windo but you may end up with either artifacting or audio sync problems. Then again, you may not.

It is far better to use the fps that are used to compose the source.

I would be taking this issue up with your LG distributor. I had a similar problem with a Samsung TV which was amazingly resolved within 2 days. They forgot !!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I can only find Finnish specs on this TV which I cannot understand.

Are you trying to play the file from an attached USB device? If that is the case it is a shortcoming of the player softwarenot the TV. I find this really strange as the native bitrate of a lot of NTSC DVD's is 29.97fps.

Yes, you can change the bitrate in the edit section of the Mobile windo but you may end up with either artifacting or audio sync problems. Then again, you may not.

It is far better to use the fps that are used to compose the source.

I would be taking this issue up with your LG distributor. I had a similar problem with a Samsung TV which was amazingly resolved within 2 days. They forgot !!!
          Here is a good article that describes my problem:

I have to lower the refresh rate to 24 Hz on my graphic card before I
          watch a movie with 24 fps. Then, the movie is not laggy. If I don't do
          this, the movie is so laggy all the time.

But it does not help to lower the refresh rate to 30 Hz when I watch
          a movie with 30 fps, since my TV does not support just 30 fps.

Do you understand me now?

Comment

Yes I do and the problem is a (removed)

Either change your video card to the NVidea's indicated in the article or buy a Media Player for less than 100 bux which does not have this problem.

I say this because of after 8 years experience of doing this, I have always found that framerate change give either problems or less than optimal results.
            Last edited by AGJ; 08-10-2010, 01:32 AM. Reason: removed text

Comment

Yes I do and the problem is a crock of shit.

Either change your video card to the NVidea's indicated in the article or buy a Media Player for less than 100 bux which does not have this problem.

I say this because of after 8 years experience of doing this, I have always found that framerate change give either problems or less than optimal results.

Ok!
              But tomorrow I will buy this and test with, so I can see if that helps:

What do you think?

Comment

I don't like the TViX product as I regard them as overpriced on overrated.

What country are you in?

Comment

I don't like the TViX product as I regard them as overpriced on overrated.

What country are you in?
                  Ok?
                  I have read many tests and this has received very good reviews.
                  I live in Sweden and it costs 140 USD here. I don't think it is so expensive
                  if it can solve all my problems.

Comment

Other users on this forum report great results with the Argosy.

have a read of this thread

My current favourite is the E8HD from measy.com.cn but you may not have a distributor there.

Also, I am currently testing a range of models from http://www.kaiboerhd.com/ and they are looking good.

Perhaps an email may find some distributors in Europe for you.
                    Last edited by GregiBoy; 08-10-2010, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X