This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Can't change Profile encoding settings

Using the new beta version (7.5.0.6 Beta)

For some reason I cannot get any of the changes I make to the profiles/presets to register?

For example - I want to encode BluRay to iPod and use some of the presets I use in Handbrake. Using the new iPhone profile works, but want to change/modify some of the encoding settings.

I go in and edit the presets file - in this case it is the one named x264_dp_PD_iphone.peset located in the Profiles 2 folder/preset.

I have made some changes to the original file but none of these changes seem to make any effect on the end result. Making a simple change of the reference frames - changing it from the default of 1 to 4 makes no change when reading the file in MediaInfo.

Using the original preset (not changed) MediaInfo reads the file with 1 ref frame. If I edit the preset file and change NbRefFrames from 1 to 4 and then re run the encoding MediInfo still reports the end file with 1 ref frame. I have tried to change a few other settings and the end file still reports the same as the original - Why?

Am I doing something really wrong - or is it something to do with the new encoding engine and MediaInfo not reporting correctly?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks. eon

Version 7.0.5.6 is a Beta and it sounds like you found a bug in the program but just have to wait for a developer to respond or a new Beta to be released to know if it is or not

Comment

What profile do you use? Please check if the profile uses the x264_dp_PD-iPhone.preset.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Hello

I was using the iPhone profile which according to the xml file uses the x264_dp_PD-iPhone.preset.

However, may have sorted it out - I have changed the line <Turbo>true</Turbo> to <Turbo>false</Turbo> and it now seems to register the change in RefFrames so I can only assume that the other changes have been registered even though they don't get listed in MediaInfo.

Fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
        X