This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBox Display

Sorry for the lack of proper terminology.

I have been converting my DVDs to XBox format for quite some time and I have a few questions, I have them all saved to a Hard Drive on my Vista Computer. Via Windows Media Center, the XBox connects to it as a Media Center Extender which allows me to watch my movies.

1. Several movies like Flight of the Pheonix, Twilight, and The Proposal using all the default settings, when played through the XBox they are displayed small, Black Lines around all sides of the screen. Most all of the rest of the movies I don't have this problem. What is the best way to determine if I am going to have this problem prior to conversion?

2. Attched to the First Question, What should I change to eliminate this?

3. Is there any thing I can do to speed up the conversion process? Most of the time it takes somewhere between 5 - 7 hours to convert a movie.

Your first problem is most probably that the incorrect resolution was chosen. To remedy this (using the current beta), open the queue and highlight the title. Then click on "Conversion Settings". Check that the resolution chosen is either 720 (PAL) or 704 (NTSC) wide.

If you are using the WMV profile, there is no way to speed up this as it is an inherant problem with Windows Media Encoder which Fab uses to do this.

Another alternative is to use an generic.avi.xvid.xxxx profile which I understand works on the XBox and encode time will be way quicker.

Give it a go !!! What have you got to lose?

Please report back your results so that other forum members also gain from your experience.
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 10-21-2009, 10:49 PM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

For the first problem... I have never chosen the resolution. Most movies are just fine but I am finding more and more I am ending up with this problem. The wife just bought Transformers 2 today so I started backing it up and following your Directions.... 704 x something is the default and is in a small format. There is many other resolutions but not one that is listed as 720 x somthing... So I selected the Largest 864 x something. I should know in another 6 or seven hours as to what the results are.

If this resolves the problem, is there any way to make the max the default so I won't have this problem and tie up a computer for 10 -12 hours doing the movie twice?

Comment

Working...
      X