X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD capture results in Green Images

Hi All,

Potential newbit question...

i'm trying to rip some DVD's and running into a strange issue. When I preview the episod in the preview window, everything displays fine. But when I actually rip the disk, all I get is a full screen full of green. This is not just a slight tinge to the image, the entire screen is green.

Audio is just great, but the video image is completely unusable.

I'm trying to encode to the default ipad or iphone/ipod, apple tv settings and all result in the same problem.

Any ideas?

thanks,

ZT

If you are trying to play the file, this would indicate that you do not have the correct codec installed on your PC.

Download & install FFDShow and this usually fixes such problem or alternately download and install VLC or Media Player Classic which do not rely on shitty codec packs.

The preview is working fine because Fab relies on internal codecs.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Update, also tried ripping to fly format hoping I could then convert over using the real audio converter tool. No luck there either. Same green screen.

DVDFab has worked with everything I've thrown at it flawlessly. I guess there's a first time for everything... Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

ZT

Comment

Hi GregiBoy,

I would tend not to think it's codec related since the output format has worked for me through 100 or so other DVD's using the exact same process. It's unique to this single dvd. I'm not anxious to install software if I don't have to. ( you know how windows gets...)

I would assume that if I am using the same native IPAD format in the new version, and I'm able to see the other ripped DVD's just fine on the same pc. It's not a codec problem, right?

Comment

Yeah, your logic seems OK.

What actual title is it?
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Smallville Season 1-8 disk 1. Bought it in Vietnam recently. Plays fine on my Sony blueray player. As well as fine in Windows media player 12 ( windows 7).

Just strange that it's only the ripped versions that are going green on me.

Comment

Working...
            X