This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKV Problems

I am new and have no idea if my problems have been raised. I tired out a few Bluray to MKV and got most subtitles in black, except a few. The black subtitles are not really readable. Did I make any mistakes? Quite a few would not even start, getting Error Code 500.11. Any help?

Originally posted by childer View Post
    I am new and have no idea if my problems have been raised. I tired out a few Bluray to MKV and got most subtitles in black, except a few. The black subtitles are not really readable. Did I make any mistakes? Quite a few would not even start, getting Error Code 500.11. Any help?
    Well, first we should separate apples and oranges:
    Apples - subtitles. Problem (or resolution of your problem) is in your player. You have to visit "Settings" section of your player and change settings to your preference (such as color, font, etc.)
    Oranges - error 500.11. My wild guess is it's related to GPU Acceleration, your videocard and drivers. Nobody will give you any better guess until you provide adequate information as it said here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=542
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

MKV-Black Subtitles?

Sorry didn't know I must activate before posting a reply.

Thanks for the reply. I did select White for subtitles when using MPC to play, but still got Black subtitles. Only a few MKVs got White subtitles without any problems. Any problems with me or my system?

As for the 500.1.1, that was all I got. Tried many times for the same Bluray, but got the same greetings.

Comment

Since not post what was listed for info in the link IPopov50 gave I will add the text to my post. Need all info mentioned below especially the logs for the most recent try

by
        signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you. Please have a look at the informational links in my signature below before reporting a problem as one of these may solve your problem.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
        The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
        If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
        Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
        Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
        If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
        If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
        SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
        SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
        SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
        DVDFab VERSION:
        DVDFab PROFILE:
        OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
        OUTPUT CROP:
        OUTPUT BITRATE:
        OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
        SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
        SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
        SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
        SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
        DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
        DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
        OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
        OUTPUT CROP: Auto
        OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
        OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

Try this for your 500.1.1 error:

1. Click Start, click Settings, click Control Panel, and then
          double-click Internet Options.
          2. Click the Advanced tab.
          3. Click the Show friendly HTTP error messages check box to clear it.
          4. Click OK.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by childer View Post
            Any problems with me or my system?
            I'm not sure if there's problem with you - I'm not a doctor , but if there's problem with you machine and/or settings we should know when you provide info as per AGJ's request.
            Last edited by AGJ; 08-18-2010, 05:35 PM. Reason: fixed quote
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It will take me a while to digest the advice from AGJ. Once digested, will provide info as requested.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
              X