X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Interesting BD to mobile result

Hello All,

I have been converting my DVDs to MP4 for use on my Apple TVs. I have had mixed results in terms of AV sync but 95% are correct.

I just got a new PC with a BD to convert my BD to MP4 for my Apple TVs.

Interesting Results:

Converted Generic MP4 played back with Windows Media Player no issues
    Converted Generic MP4 played back with Quicktime choppy video, it seems to stutter

Converted with Ipad setting works great on Quicktime except that it is not in HD.

It there a way to get IPAD setting with HD resolution?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Ted.

DVDFab 7.5.0.8 Beta (August 19, 2010)

DVD to Mobile:
    New: Added "Audio" device to extract audio easier.

Blu-ray to Blu-ray:
    Fix: Several problems with CUDA decoder/encoder.

Blu-ray to Mobile:
    New: Added 1080p profile for iPad and iPhone

Done deal with 7.5.0.8!
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! Will installing the beta mess up any automatic upgrades?

Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by ted_roy View Post
        Will installing the beta mess up any automatic upgrades?

Ted.
        No....

Comment

I have downloaded and installed the 7.5 beta and now everytime I start converting BD to Ipod/iphone, the fps starts at about 6 and slows down to 0 and then fab crashes out.

Ideas?

Comment

I changed the codecs to all software and it seems much better 30-40fps, and it has not crashed yet, fingers crossed.

Ted.

edit - Now 50+fps.

It did not work when using CUDA or CoreAVC. Ideas?
            Last edited by ted_roy; 08-23-2010, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Unless you have a high end Nvidia graphics card just stay with software. My card is pretty low end and I get the same result.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I changed the codecs to all software and it seems much better 30-40fps, and it has not crashed yet, fingers crossed.
                Ted.edit - Now 50+fps.It did not work when using CUDA or CoreAVC. Ideas?
                ted_roy
                I agree with 90312. Also to use CoreAVC you must purchase it, and I think it is fairly cheap.
                Hope this helps
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Now that the conversion works for Quicktime.. One more problem...

I have found one more thing. Although the files plays now correctly in Quicktime, the resolution is not 1080, but 1200+ and is now not compatible to my Apple TVs. There are no other resolution options. Ideas? As soon as I find one fix another problem comes up.

Thanks to everyone for their help. This seems to be a very responsive and active product board, much better than I have been on before. Make purchasing the software a much better investment.

BTW - My video card is a nvideo GT220, and I did purchase the CoreAVC.

Ted.

Comment

Ted, that is a pretty low end graphics card. I would just stick with software.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I have found one more thing. Although the files plays now correctly in Quicktime, the resolution is not 1080, but 1200+ and is now not compatible to my Apple TVs. There are no other resolution options. Ideas? As soon as I find one fix another problem comes up.

Thanks to everyone for their help. This seems to be a very responsive and active product board, much better than I have been on before. Make purchasing the software a much better investment.

BTW - My video card is a nvideo GT220, and I did purchase the CoreAVC.

Ted.
                      can the ATV play 1080p very well anyway?

Comment

Interesting thought, here is the video specs...

Video formats supported

* H.264 and protected H.264 (from iTunes Store): Up to 5 Mbps, Progressive Main Profile (CAVLC) with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps (maximum resolution: 1280 by 720 pixels at 24 fps, 960 by 540 pixels at 30 fps) in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
                        * iTunes Store purchased video: 320 by 240 pixels, 640 by 480 pixels, 720 by 480 pixels (anamorphic), or high-definition 720p
                        * MPEG-4: Up to 3 Mbps, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps (maximum resolution: 720 by 432 pixels at 30 fps) in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

I bet I was exceeding the max resolution/fps that the ATV could process...

Thanks for the heads up...

Comment

Working...
                        X