Clear All

DVD Ripper v8 DVD Ripper not good

v8's DVD Ripper are not good to make XviD:

1. It's slow to make a XviD.
    2. Not got to crop movies
    3. Make the movies bad.

Hope it's can be fix

7.0.9.3 is better and no problem.
    Last edited by Mr. X; 08-24-2010, 09:26 PM.

A little more information would be helpful........

Originally posted by Mr. X View Post
    v8's DVD Ripper are not good to make XviD....for me:

1. It's slow to make a XviD.
    2. Not got to crop movies
    3. Make the movies bad.

Hope it's can be fix

7.0.9.3 is better and no problem.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

1.a)Pc configuration?
      b)settings(1-2 pass,file size)
      2.Go to settings>DVD/Bluray Ripper >convert and uncheck crop automatically.
      3.If you have full HD screen even a dvd will look bad.If you have a 1280X1024 a dvd looks very good and the rip too.

Comment

I too found that 8.0.05 has broken the DVD to mobile features. I've tried ripping several 16x9 DVDs to play on a 4x3 320x240 iPod and every time I get a 4x3 mp4 or m4v with the video squashed up in the middle and black bars down each side (which is what I think the poster means about the cropping problem). I've fiddled with source aspect ratio, retain aspect ratio checkbox, crop settings etc and always get the video squashed between two black crop bars at left and right. The preview window when changing the crop settings looks normal, showing me what I normally would expect in the result, but unfortunately the output looks nothing like it.

I've gone back to 7.0.9.3 and these DVDs all rip perfectly using exactly the same settings.

I've just raised this with DVDFab support and await a reply.

Ho hum - roll on 8.0.0.6
        Last edited by SaturnV; 08-27-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

I'm also having problems with this new DVD Ripper. I've been using v7 DVD to mobile successfully for some time now and just downloaded 8.0.0.5.

Tried to rip a couple of disks (Region 1 - Paths of Glory, LA Confidential) at h.264, 2-pass, audio same as source, and clicked start, but the "Task Time Left" kept increasing until it eventually reset to all zeros while the "Encoding Fps" slowly reduced to 0! The completed % was stuck at 0.08%. No file was output - I checked!

Tried these same disks with v7 and it's all fine - took less the 30 mins for each disk with the same settings.

I'm using Win7 Pro, 64-bit on a Dell XPS 8000. Have sent support a message.

Comment

Originally posted by wozburger View Post

Tried to rip a couple of disks (Region 1 - Paths of Glory, LA Confidential) at h.264, 2-pass, audio same as source,
            try 1 pass instead of the 2 pass
            Last edited by AGJ; 08-27-2010, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post

try 1 pass instead of the 2 pass
              Different problem with 1 pass - the software crashed! Last line displayed was "CUDA GPS acceleration for video encoding enabled". So I switched the Video Encoder codec setting from "Software + CUDA" to just "Software" (the DEcoders were all set to software by default) and tried 1-pass again. Got the same original problem - time keeps increasing to 0(!), FPS reduces then disappears from the screen. Nothing gets output.

Here's the Codec Information displayed in settings in case it's relevant:

Graphics Chipset :
              NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240

CUDA Driver Version: 2.20
              CUDA Capability revision number: 1.1

Supported Video Codecs :
              CUDA_MODE_H264
              CUDA_MODE_VC1
              DXVA_MODE_H264

CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

BTW my A/V codec settings in v7 (which works fine) are:

Video Decoder
              H.264 - CUDA
              VC1 - CUDA
              MPEG2 - Software

Video Encoder
              H.264 - Software + CUDA

Also, v8 seems to detect the Framerate of the DVD as 29.97 - that's not right for a Region 1 DVD is it? Shouldn't it be 23.97? And the auto cropping is not as accurate as v7, at least in the crop preview.
              Last edited by wozburger; 08-27-2010, 06:04 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Different problem with 1 pass - the software crashed! Last line displayed was "CUDA GPS acceleration for video encoding enabled". So I switched the Video Encoder codec setting from "Software + CUDA" to just "Software" (the DEcoders were all set to software by default) and tried 1-pass again. Go the same original problem - time keeps increasing to 0(!), FPS reduces then disappears from the screen. Nothing gets output.

Here's the Codec Information displayed in settings in case it's relevant:

Graphics Chipset :
                NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240

CUDA Driver Version: 2.20
                CUDA Capability revision number: 1.1

Supported Video Codecs :
                CUDA_MODE_H264
                CUDA_MODE_VC1
                DXVA_MODE_H264

CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

Also, v8 seems to detect the Framerate of the DVD as 29.97 - that's not right for a Region 1 DVD is it? Shouldn't it be 23.97? And the auto cropping is not as accurate as v7, at least in the crop preview.
                change codec to all software to see if that will work

Comment

That's what I did - same problem as original (time increased then set to 0, no output, seemd to stick on lees than 1%). Thing is the CUDA settings work with v7.

Comment

Please update your videocard driver
                    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

v8 DVD Ripper Problems

I have had all of the same issues the others have. I am running Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit and installed of the newest drivers. VD Copy works fiine, it is DVD Rip that is the issue. After attempting 10 different DVD's, I went back to using v7 as it works just fine. Sad to say that v8 is certainly a disappointment!

Comment

Originally posted by bastbnman View Post
                        I have had all of the same issues the others have.
                        I've got mine going now after updating the graphics driver. Just a thought, but are you ripping via Generic option? If so are you using the default profile (generic.default)? Try selecting a different profile and see if that changes anything.

I'm still not convinced that v8 offers any improvements for me (speed or quality) over v7 but I'm doing some tests to check.

Comment

That's what I did - same problem as original (time increased then set to 0, no output, seemd to stick on lees than 1%). Thing is the CUDA settings work with v7.
                          Sorry I seen the settings you use for DVDFab 7 and thought you not change.

Comment

Working...
                          X