No announcement yet.

Ripping my movie collection - question about formats/codecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A box like the Measy E9HDVR will most probably do what you want.

www.measy.com.cn
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi,

Just to concur with GregiBoy - I spent days and days trying different formats as i have 2 Xbox's and a PS3, that i wanted to use to stream files from my NAS.

Tried the WMV10 but audio seemed rubbish, but quality was excellent - but wont play on the PS3, tried all the others, but couldnt get the 5.1 DD audio i wanted.

Spent far too much time trying to find something that would play on both.

went out and bought a WDTV and a AC Ryan Mini and ripped everything to ISO and then went to MKV @ 4000 kbps, with audio same as source.

I now get an almost DVD quality 5.1 file thats smaller than a VOB, but does everything i want.

Im a covert to dedicated media streamers

\waves at gregiboy!!!

Comment

I am new to this. What I would like to do is convert Duck Tales, Gummi Bears etc episodes to a video format. Then Playing the formats from my computer to the T.V 42".

Anyone have a recommendation on a format? Something that will save space to store all these kid shows but still keep a good quality.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Try H264 MKV @ 1500 bitrate or XVid @ 1500 bitrate.

You may need to install codecs on your computer or download and install VLC player, it's free.

Honestly though, do yourself a favour and buy a media player.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X