Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! DVDFab 8.0.0.5 Can't get started.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper HELP!!! DVDFab 8.0.0.5 Can't get started.

O.K. I have been a long time user of DVDFab and happy to report it works as promised. Every once in a while a bug or issue creeps up and usually by reading thru the forum or tinkering with the settings it starts to work properly.

This time I am at a total lost. I have DVDFab 7 and it works perfectly but I just installed DVDFab 8 On the same PC and I am trying to do a DVD to Mobile. Everything looks normal, I put the DVD in it reads it and breaks it down on the "DVD Ripper - Generic" page. I click on the Start button, and then...

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avialiable."

My DVDFab 7 is still installed on the same machine and it works with no issues.
    Last edited by Ozzie; 08-27-2010, 04:22 PM.

try right clicking the desktop icon for DVDFab 8 and select run as administrator. If that does not work then need you to read what is below and post the info mentioned toy uor next post reply to this thread

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

There is not much in the log folder, since DVDFab barely gets a chance to start encoding. Everything runs normally till I hit the start buttom, then 2 second later in crashes and a DVDFab message comes up asking me to forward the data which I did. This is some of the text it contained:

DVDFab 8.0.0.5 (2010/08/27 14:43:18)

0m 04.89s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      0m 18.81s: detected dvd
      0m 18.92s: drive F
      0m 18.92s: dvd type 1
      0m 18.92s: volume label Movie Name
      0m 19.09s: detected dvd
      0m 19.14s: drive F
      0m 19.14s: dvd type 1
      0m 19.14s: volume label Movie Name
      0m 19.31s: got copyright 0 0
      0m 19.71s: got udf/iso
      0m 20.84s: got discinfo
      0m 20.84s: pathplayer disabled 0
      0m 21.74s: got dvdinfo
      1m 28.93s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

1m 28.98s: create config(0)
      1m 28.98s: convert profile(ipad.default)
      1m 33.92s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->32)
      1m 33.92s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1) stream(32,94208,4)
      1m 33.92s: not set correct fourcc for video(28)
      1m 33.94s: subpicture preset(1), mode(0)
      1m 36.20s: h264_encode: encode macroblocks per second(33716) exceed the standard(%2), video size(720x400, 29.97), specify profile(0)-level(13)
      1m 40.24s: subpicture(32) mode(0)
      1m 40.26s: connect to sub render filter

DVDFab 8.0.0.5 (2010/08/27 14:43:18)

0m 04.89s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      0m 18.81s: detected dvd
      0m 18.92s: drive F
      0m 18.92s: dvd type 1
      0m 18.92s: volume label Movie Name
      0m 19.09s: detected dvd
      0m 19.14s: drive F
      0m 19.14s: dvd type 1
      0m 19.14s: volume label Movie Name
      0m 19.31s: got copyright 0 0
      0m 19.71s: got udf/iso
      0m 20.84s: got discinfo
      0m 20.84s: pathplayer disabled 0
      0m 21.74s: got dvdinfo
      1m 28.93s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

1m 28.98s: create config(0)
      1m 28.98s: convert profile(ipad.default)
      1m 33.92s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->32)
      1m 33.92s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1) stream(32,94208,4)
      1m 33.94s: subpicture preset(1), mode(0)
      1m 36.20s: h264_encode: encode macroblocks per second(33716) exceed the standard(%2), video size(720x400, 29.97), specify profile(0)-level(13)
      1m 40.24s: subpicture(32) mode(0)
      1m 40.26s: connect to sub render filter

Then there is this long report: (To long to let me post it all)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <!--
      This error report was automatically generated
      by BugTrap for Win32 on Friday, August 27, 2010 2:45:02 PM
      -->
      <report version="1">
      <platform>Win32</platform>
      <application>DVDFab</application>
      <version>8.0.0.5</version>
      <computer>OZZIE-PC</computer>
      <user>Ozzie</user>
      <timestamp>129273939022400000</timestamp>
      <error>
      <what>ACCESS_VIOLATION</what>
      <process>
      <name>DVDFab.exe</name>
      <id>5840</id>
      </process>
      <module>C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\avformat.dll</module>
      <address>001B:6494760B</address>
      <function>
      <name>av_close_input_file</name>
      <offset>91</offset>
      </function>
      <file></file>
      <line>
      <number></number>
      <offset></offset>
      </line>
      </error>
      <usermsg></usermsg>
      <syserror>
      <code></code>
      <description></description>
      </syserror>
      <comerror>
      <description></description>
      <helpfile></helpfile>
      <source></source>
      <guid></guid>
      </comerror>
      <registers>
      <eax>0x00000000</eax>
      <ebx>0x011F5838</ebx>
      <ecx>0x069FC7C0</ecx>
      <edx>0x011F5838</edx>
      <esi>0x08F7C010</esi>
      <edi>0x069FC7C0</edi>
      <esp>0x23B5FAD0</esp>
      <ebp>0x23B5FCE8</ebp>
      <eip>0x6494760B</eip>
      <cs>0x001B</cs>
      <ds>0x0023</ds>
      <ss>0x0023</ss>
      <es>0x0023</es>
      <fs>0x003B</fs>
      <gs>0x0000</gs>
      <eflags>0x00010202</eflags>

Comment

DVDFab 8 is running in Administrator mode and it crashes for all DVD's. DVDFab 7 is running on same PC with no issues at all.

Comment

Ozzie,
          please try not to use your "iPad.default" profile, but set desired parameters from standard iPad preset. (iPad Profile ->Edit)
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Not sure what that profile would do to make it crash, but I did change it and it still crashed. I then went to do a generic mkv file and that also crashed.

DVDFab 7 has the same exact profile and its still working.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
              Not sure what that profile would do to make it crash, but I did change it and it still crashed. I then went to do a generic mkv file and that also crashed.

DVDFab 7 has the same exact profile and its still working.

Thanks
              Well, at some point Fengtao mentioned that created "default" presets may crash application, and recommended to use standards by modifying them.
              Your log indicates that there seems problem with connecting to your sub-render filter. I'm not sure what could caused that, bug in DVDFab or other software messing with Fab filters. AGJ is a known expert in filters, you may want ask him...
              sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

He was reading this earlier, hopefully he will chime in as well. Like I said DVDFab is running with the same exact settings on the same PC with no issues, I would have to assume its something that changed on DVDFab 8 that is causing this.

DVDFab 7 has been running on my machine in ipad.default for a while with no issues at all. I did change it as you mentioned on DVDFab 8 but the results are the same. It looks like it begins to encode, and then it crashes.

Comment

This one another issue. I've had this message too with "Indiana Jones 4". It seems weird because this movie is very well mastered and coded. I notified devs a while ago, but haven't heard anything back...
                  sigpic

Comment

I not think it a filter issue but you can post them if you want. To do that you will need ImgBurn installed and link for that is below. Once ImgBurn is installed you need to go to Tools-Filter Drive Load Order and then click copy to clipboard. Once that done you can close down ImgBurn and the in your post reply to this thread all you do is right click the mouse and select paste to post the filter results

imgburn, imgburner, img burn, img burner, imageburn, imageburner, image burn, image burner, image write, image writer, iso burner, iso writer, cd burner, dvd burner, bin, cue, gcm, gi, img, iso, lst, nrg, mds, pdi, burn, burner, write, writer, image, drive, cuesheet, lightning uk, dvd decrypter, backup, cd, cdr, cdrw, dvd, dvdr, dvd-r, dvd-rw, dvd-r dl, dvd+r, dvd+rw, dvd+r dl, dvdram, hd dvd-r, hd dvd-rw, hd dvd-ram, bd-r, bd-re, dual layer, double layer, bluray, blu ray, blu-ray, hddvd, hd dvd, hd-dvd, burn audio, write audio, burn bin, write bin, burn cue, write cue, burn dvd, write dvd, burn iso, write iso, burn img, write img, write image, burn video_ts, write video_ts, burn bdmv, write bdmv, burn dvd video, write dvd video, burn bluray, write bluray, burn blu-ray, write blu-ray, layerbreak, layer break, VIDEO_TS, bup ifo vob

Also I was on earlier this morning but had to go to work which why I was not on to reply. I not have the privilege of using computer with INTERNET access on the forklift I operate as well

Comment

It's all greek to me, but here you go:

===============================================
                      Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.0.0
                      ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
                      Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
                      Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
                      Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
                      Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
                      Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
                      File Name: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys
                      File Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
                      File Description: CD DVD Filter
                      Product Name: CD DVD Filter
                      Product Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
                      Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
                      Copyright: Copyright (C) GEAR Software Inc. 1997-2009

Filter Name: PxHelp20
                      File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
                      File Version: 3.00.56a [3.0.56.0]
                      File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
                      Product Name: PxHelp20
                      Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
                      Company Name: Sonic Solutions
                      Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: AnyDVD
                      File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
                      File Version: 6.6.7.4
                      File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
                      Product Name: AnyDVD
                      Product Version: 6.6.7.4
                      Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
                      Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2010 SlySoft, Inc.

P.S. I do shut AnyDVD off when using Fab, and I just did a complete uninstall of DVDFab 8 a re-boot followed by a reinstall of Fab 8 with the same results. Everything seems to be going as normal til I hit the start button to encode. It actually creates the folder for the movie and encodes 1KB then it crashes. Does this with all DVD's despite of DVDFab 7 working perfectly on the same PC. I am baffled.
                      Last edited by Ozzie; 08-28-2010, 02:18 PM.

Comment

nothing in the filters that can cause this but I not think it was filter problem to start. It has to do with the DVD Ripper and some setting that keeps getting over looked.

Comment

I thought when fab 8 installed it would just clone the fab 7 settings, at least it looks like it did. I have gone thru the settings, and unless I am missing something I have no clue why 7 works and 8 crashes.

Is there any other log I can post that would help figure this out?
                          I know that when it crashed it uploaded bin and xl files to DVDFab headquarters, what's the normal protocol for that, will they get back at me via my email?

I really would like to use fab 8 since the claim is A/V sync issues have been fixed.

Comment

Go to common settings and in the General-Customize UI click Default and same goes for the rest of the setting area below

General:
                            A/V Codec
                            Preview

DVD/Blu-ray Ripper:
                            Convert
                            Output

Then try and see if will work

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
                              I thought when fab 8 installed it would just clone the fab 7 settings, at least it looks like it did. I have gone thru the settings, and unless I am missing something I have no clue why 7 works and 8 crashes.

I really would like to use fab 8 since the claim is A/V sync issues have been fixed.
                              Ozzie,
                              Difference between 7 and 8 is CUDA decoder/encoder. Please disable GPU acceleration and try again.
                              I have had similar crash with all movies when convert from MKV to iPhone. I have reported it, Ting aware of it and working on it... So, if all-software settings wouldn't work for you, I would suggest to sit and wait for next beta.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X