X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Observations w/ 8.0.0.5 and CUDA

Hi Folks,

Perhaps this is already a known problem, but after quite a bit of experimentation last night, I was able to stop DVDFab from crashing with CUDA enabled.

It seems that I can use CUDA for both decoding and encoding a BD rip to an MKV container, as long as I use the default mkv.h264.audiocopy preset. I was using my own settings to scale down the resolution for an Apple TV, and that would immediately cause DVDFab to crash (i.e. which were saved as mkv.default - and, yes, I did send in the crash reports).

Using the mkv.h264.audiocopy preset, I could still go and change the resolution to 1280x720, with the DVDFab selected bit rate, and everything works fine after that.

Excellent de/encoding speed, by the way (about 45 fps), with absolutely no audio sync issues.

Boo-Yaa!

Now, all I need is a solution to the Apple TV AC-3 pass-thru problem, without using handbrake, and I can get back to work archiving my huge collection of optical plastic media.

Originally posted by ChillyK View Post
    It seems that I can use CUDA for both decoding and encoding a BD rip to an MKV container, as long as I use the default mkv.h264.audiocopy preset. I was using my own settings to scale down the resolution for an Apple TV, and that would immediately cause DVDFab to crash (i.e. which were saved as mkv.default - and, yes, I did send in the crash reports).
    Thank you ChillyK. You just confirmed Fengtao's warning not to use custom "default" presets...
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Well, I spoke too soon.

I converted a bunch of M4V files (15 of 'em) that I created with DVDFab for ripping and Handbrake to convert for the Apple TV, then back with DVDFab using one of the default PSP presets (firmware 3.30+) - all of them have audio out of sync.

Was fast, though, averaging about 15 minutes per movie with CUDA enabled.

I suppose I will need to do this with the original source files (i.e. VOBs) instead of re-encoding the larger videos down to the PSP's resolution. I will report back if I have audio sync issues with these files, as well.

Comment

Working...
      X