This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8.0.0.5 Video Converter fails with error 513.05 on my MPEG-2 files

V8.0.0.5 Video Converter fails to convert MPEG-2 files from my Topfield 5800 PVR which V7.0.9.3 was able to convert successfully. This seems to occur whatever the output format and throws the following error messages:

3m 08.66s: create config(3)
    3m 08.66s: convert profile(mp4.default)
    3m 08.66s: 513.05 : not any valid video codec information
    3m 08.68s: create config failed(513.05 5)

I've attached the output from V8's internal log and the file info from both versions (which, stangely, seem to differ slightly). V8 does not seem to like the input files. OS is Windows 7 Home Premium.

I'd love to see this fixed in V8 as I bought the video converter specifically to archive files from my PVR. Ok, I know I can still do it with V7...

Thanks, BlackCat3000
    Attached Files

BlackCat3000,
    I might be wrong, and I hope I'm wrong, but your content seems need to be run with AviSynth-based transcoder. Xvid2PSP 5 is one of my favorites, and it's free.... Google it
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I hope you're wrong too, IP, because I am similar problems with MPEG 2 files that I wish to turn into AVI's/MKV's.

They are created by ULead Video Studio from a project that I have authored and I am trying to track down what could be the problem.

Other software handles them without any issue.

Will post definitive results later.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hello IPopov50.

The MPEG-2 file was created from the Topfield's .rec files using MPEG Streamclip which requires Quicktime Alternative (does this help with the AviSynth question?) both of which are installed on the PC which is running DVDfab.

The funny thing is that DVDFab7 and DVDFab8 are both installed on the same PC yet V7 works but V8 doesn't. The MPEG-2 file plays fine in Windows Media Player and VLC Media Player on this PC, so I'm baffled. It seems strange that V7 and V8 report the properties of the same file slightly differently.

Thanks, BlackCat3000

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat3000 View Post
          The MPEG-2 file was created from the Topfield's .rec files using MPEG Streamclip which requires Quicktime Alternative (does this help with the AviSynth question?)

It seems strange that V7 and V8 report the properties of the same file slightly differently.
          I'm coming from your log:
          3m 08.66s: 513.05 : not any valid video codec information
          3m 08.68s: create config failed(513.05 5)

Most of recording devices aren't coding, nor rendering content properly, using right codecs, and otherwise producing out of compliance content.
          AviSynth usually handles this kind of content with confidence, re-indexing (or indexing), re-coding, detects and fills gaps, etc., brings content to compliance.
          That's why I was suggesting to put your content through AviSynth-based software. And I did proposed to use one that's simple in use and did a good job for me in a past...
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

hi,

the error log is show the mpeg2 stream not have any audio-stream, so not to convert it.

the convert engine has changed, so maybe there are something wrong in new engine, I will check it

thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X