This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in need of a 'guide' for MKV..... bad

there is a buncha info around the web, but not a current, comprehensive guide on how a HTPC user can do the primary thing most HTPC guys are trying to do right now:

1- rip a DVD or BD to MKV / 264 with soft sub stream using DVDfab
    2- get Windows Media Center to toggle that sub stream... (my suggestion: configure shark007 to default windows to ffdshow with soft subs then setup Media Control to toggle them in Media Center)

there are a buncha forum posts around... almost all of which are not up to date / don't work...

DVD fab would no doubt sell a buncha licenses if you guys could post an easy to follow guide for typical / non codec head users.... and don't suggest I do it cause I barely know enough to pose the question correctly, if I even did that.

Originally posted by anuoldman View Post
    DVD fab would no doubt sell a buncha licenses if you guys could post an easy to follow guide for typical / non codec head users.... and don't suggest I do it cause I barely know enough to pose the question correctly, if I even did that.
    No, you did not. Can you please rephrase the question? Do you have problem with the process? or you want somebody write "Idiot's Guide to MKV (HTPC, etc.)"
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
    X