8.0.0.5 INCREDIBLY Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8.0.0.5 INCREDIBLY Slow

DVD to H.264,mp3 formerly did 100fps, now does 5 fps and is essentially unusable. Thankfully, version 7 wasn't uninstalled during the upgrade.

Intel quad core, windows 7, 4G ram

Also...

The same bit-rate and screen size results in substantially lower Bits/Pixel values.

DRM

Comment

Originally posted by drmargarit View Post
      DVD to H.264,mp3 formerly did 100fps, now does 5 fps and is essentially unusable. Thankfully, version 7 wasn't uninstalled during the upgrade.

Intel quad core, windows 7, 4G ram
      Common Settings ->General -> Reset DMA
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        Common Settings ->General -> Reset DMA
        No improvement. Both drives have DMA enabled after restart (didn't check before clicking button. probably already enabled). Version 7 runs fine.

DRM

Comment

Go to common settings and change everything in A/V Codec to software and then give another try

Comment

It's obviously a bug because if you let it convert 5fps will drop to 0.

Comment

Try reading best practices & troubleshooting guides.

Self-education MAY help!!!!

Or IPopov could give you a kiss & a hug!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yep happing to me to Definatly a bug in this version i did dma rest changed a/v codec to software etc no luck.

Comment

Any news on when this bug will be fixed as it is currently unusable. It slows to a stop

Comment

I just did The Book of Eli for my device using H264/mp3. It is slower than the old encoder but gradually speeded up and leveled out at around 170 fps. There are others having problems with the PS3 profile which is H264 also. I think this encoder is much more sensitive to configuration issues, drivers or filters or something. I guess I’m lucky enough not to have the issues. Tell me the specifics: frame resolution, bit rate, number of passes and audio bit rate and I’ll try to reproduce your issue. I really think it’s an incompatibility issue rather than a bug or 100% of users would have it and I don’t. See attachments:
                    Attached Files
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      I really think it’s an incompatibility issue rather than a bug or 100% of users would have it and I don’t. See attachments:
                      I agree on my laptop which does not have CUDA DVDFab 8.0.0.5 crashes 2 seconds after I hit the start button no matter what I do. Version 7 runs smooth as silk. It is a vista laptop with a BR burner that has for the most part worked flawlessly with fab untin version 8 came out.

I have been reading these threads are there seem to be a lot of unstability issues with 8. I really hope they know what it is by now, I know I forwared all my dump files to them. I totally removed 8 and been using 7 till I see a new V8 pop up again.

Comment

I use software all the way down the list. If I select software+CUDA the program crashes instantly. CUDA just doesn’t work for me; my graphics card is too lame I guess. Using software only it’s been flawless albeit slower.
                        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

I have mine on software only since I have no cuda and it crashes right away.

Comment

Working...
                          X