This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper AppCrash Error

I am testing DVDFab to see if I can store movies on a hard drive, then play them directly to a television. The first DVD I attempted to rip to the hard drive stops after about 15 seconds with this error:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: FabCore.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.5.1
    Application Timestamp: 4c74cb18
    Fault Module Name: codecs.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4c625e9e
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0016f2f5
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Any guidance as to the cause of this problem would be appreciated.

Tell us exactly what you are doing and the movie along with the settings you are using also the most important thing to do when starting a help thread is to post the log files located in document-dvdfab-log

Comment

I am attempting to extract a movie from a DVD and store it on the hard drive of my computer. The movie is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade only because it is the first one I picked up.

The settings are the defaults as I do not see anywhere to change anything.

The log files are attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chipps
        Since this is an older movie try disabling path player Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click disable restart Fab and try again but, remember the put it back to always enabled when done.

Also since you are using Windows 7 it is very important that you install Fab as Administrator instead of clicking run click save then open the folder and right click and install the program as administrator

Give this a try and post back
        CBR929
        Last edited by CBR929; 08-30-2010, 01:24 AM.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Same result AppCrash.

Comment

Originally posted by Chipps View Post
            Same result AppCrash.
            Are you using the DVD Ripper function or the DVD Copy function to rip to your hard drive? Also have you tried a different movie and had the same result, if not try a different movie?
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

OK, go to common settings of DVDFab the green dot with check mark click that and then go to A/V Codec. Change the settings to all Software to see if that works for you

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                Are you using the DVD Ripper function or the DVD Copy function to rip to your hard drive? Also have you tried a different movie and had the same result, if not try a different movie?
                CBR929
                DVD Ripper.

This is the only non Blu-ray movie I have it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                  OK, go to common settings of DVDFab the green dot with check mark click that and then go to A/V Codec. Change the settings to all Software to see if that works for you
                  No. Same problem. I wanted to test this before I purchased a Blu-ray drive for the computer. I am going to have this much trouble with Blu-ray discs? There is no point in buying the drive if this will not work.

Comment

Originally posted by Chipps View Post

The settings are the defaults as I do not see anywhere to change anything.
                    What settings are they? Tell us the one you try to use that give you the appcrash

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                      What settings are they? Tell us the one you try to use that give you the appcrash
                      Until the Green Check was pointed out to me I did not know how to alter any of the settings. So the first time the problem occurred I was using the default settings the program comes with

Subsequently I have tried altering the settings as suggested above. None of the changes have resolved the problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X