Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung TV Profile with FF/FR from QNAP DNLA Server

Hi

I know that there is a superb Profile for converting DVDs to H.264 for Samsung 7/8/9 series TVs. It works like a charm wit one exception:

"You cannot fast/skip forward or fast/skip rewind" when I stream it from my QNAP DNLA Server (Twonkey Media).

If I cannot watch the whole movie at once I have no choice as to start over when I want to watch the remaining part of the movie.

Very annoying if you have to watch 80 Minutes of a movie again for seeing the last 40 minutes.

I tried a profile with divx5/audiocopy and was able to get results which work with FF/FR. But not all of the converted movies work !?!?!

Can anyone please adivse which codecs to use so a Samsung TV (UE40B7020) supports FF/FR when streamed from QNAP DNLA ?

I would prefer H.264, MPEG-4 (or divx/xvid) as video codec and either audiocopy,mpeg-3 or AC/3 as audio codec.

Which resolution must I take when converting 16:9 DVDs to Samsung.

I have the newest firmware (build 3000) in my Samsung.

Does this depend from the DVD content ?

I have two movies from a series and the first one seems to work but the second one (which came out a year later) not. Strange.

Any ideas

Regards,
    Oliver

From bitter experience most players especially with the software player inbuilt in the Samsung's !!!

FF/Skip/Rewind is just not possible when streaming from a DNLA server such as Twonky. It generally is available on most players by direct connect/internal/external hard disk.

If you don't believe me just ask Samsung!

I did 12 months ago and am still waiting for a reply.

Prove it to yourself, put the same file on a USB stick & plug it in.

Originally posted by posbis View Post
    Hi

I know that there is a superb Profile for converting DVDs to H.264 for Samsung 7/8/9 series TVs. It works like a charm wit one exception:

"You cannot fast/skip forward or fast/skip rewind" when I stream it from my QNAP DNLA Server (Twonkey Media).

If I cannot watch the whole movie at once I have no choice as to start over when I want to watch the remaining part of the movie.

Very annoying if you have to watch 80 Minutes of a movie again for seeing the last 40 minutes.

I tried a profile with divx5/audiocopy and was able to get results which work with FF/FR. But not all of the converted movies work !?!?!

Can anyone please adivse which codecs to use so a Samsung TV (UE40B7020) supports FF/FR when streamed from QNAP DNLA ?

I would prefer H.264, MPEG-4 (or divx/xvid) as video codec and either audiocopy,mpeg-3 or AC/3 as audio codec.

Which resolution must I take when converting 16:9 DVDs to Samsung.

I have the newest firmware (build 3000) in my Samsung.

Does this depend from the DVD content ?

I have two movies from a series and the first one seems to work but the second one (which came out a year later) not. Strange.

Any ideas

Regards,
    Oliver
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Where can I find more on this profile?

Comment

Originally posted by Chipps View Post
        Where can I find more on this profile?
        Post #2 in New Profiles thread:

Samsung LA52A850 Television
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          From bitter experience most players especially with the software player inbuilt in the Samsung's !!!

FF/Skip/Rewind is just not possible when streaming from a DNLA server such as Twonky. It generally is available on most players by direct connect/internal/external hard disk.
          FYI Is it possible in Twonky to skip forward & back - I can do it, though it only works for movies less than about 1hr 50mins and the method is not perfect but at least it's something.

Comment

Working...
          X