BD to m2ts passthrogh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) BD to m2ts passthrogh

EVERY BD to M2TS conversion: The file can be played perfectly with VLC and media player CLASSIC but on a PS3 and windows media player with (shark 007 codec pack) has no sound.This problem reminds me the older versions v7 that produced mkv(remux) with the same problem.Only with VLC media player I had sound.Now of course mkv remux is perfect.Why is this happening with m2ts7
    Last edited by LignGeorge; 09-01-2010, 09:51 AM.

hi,

I think your select output audio stream must be DTS, PS3 not support play m2ts with DTS, just select AC3 audio stream, and try it.

thanks.

Comment

But some blurays don't have AC3(english).

Comment

Originally posted by LignGeorge View Post
        But some blurays don't have AC3(english).
        I thinking your missing the point of the passthrough option, the idea is to leave the source file untouched. What your looking to do is convert the audio to a format compatible with your PS3, in that case use the blu-ray to PS3 option.

Comment

Same issue here

I have also been trying to get my m2ts files to play in Windows Media Player on Windows 7 but do not hear any audio. I have tried ripping with all the different audio choices ie AC3 5.1, AC3 2.0 but no luck. The interesting thing is that it does play in Media Player Classic just fine with the audio. However, I would really like to get it to play in WMP and Windows Media Center.

I have installed AC3Encoder as well as the Shark007 codec pack but I still gon't get any audio.

I guess just to tell you my reasons why... I would really like to get the m2ts files to play on my xbox 360 via media center so that I can keep the 5.1 surround sound. Has anyone had any luck with this? I have already used the WMV Pro option which gives you the 5.1 surround, but I also have an WD TV Live player which does not recognize the 5.1 surround from the WMA Pro.

The m2ts files that I ripped play on the xbox 360 via media center but there is no audio. I think that if I can get WMP to play the audio then it should work on the xbox 360 as well?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by EVT View Post
            I thinking your missing the point of the passthrough option, the idea is to leave the source file untouched. What your looking to do is convert the audio to a format compatible with your PS3, in that case use the blu-ray to PS3 option.
            What he's trying to do (and me as well) is to rip lossless DVDs and BDs. When I use the passthrough for DVDs, all is well. As he mentions, when it's done with DBs you don't get sound. We want lossless audio and video from BDs and play them on a PS3. Does the BD to PS3 option do this? If not, is there any other way to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by sieroka View Post
              What he's trying to do (and me as well) is to rip lossless DVDs and BDs. When I use the passthrough for DVDs, all is well. As he mentions, when it's done with DBs you don't get sound. We want lossless audio and video from BDs and play them on a PS3. Does the BD to PS3 option do this? If not, is there any other way to do this?
              What I'm trying to say is that it's not a DVDFab limitation; rather, it is a limitation of the PS3. For example, the PS3 cannot playback DTS tracks in an M2TS file but it can playback Dolby Dogital in an M2TS file. I abandoned using the PS3 for exactly these types of limitations. I'm sorry I can't offer any specific advice on how to make it work as I haven't really tried to do this with DVDFab. Having said that I'm sure if you search these forums you will find a guide. Also, if you do some general searches you will find that there are a couple of free software tools you could use in conjunction with DVDFab to do what you're after. The key thing you need to do is convert the audio to AC3 (i.e. Dolby Digital).

Comment

As has been said previously, Sony has placed restrictions on what can be streamed or played from file.

Basically forget the PS3/XBoxes as media streamers as you will always have these problems and go for a dedicated media player which has none of this crap.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

DTS Audio and network streaming

Guys,

None of these boxes are going to playback a DTS audio stream in an MKV file. I've heard that the PopCorn hour thing does, but I don't have one.

And, forget about using a PS3 or XBox for this stuff, as well; as mentioned by GregiBoy, that path is a loser.

Instead, pick a device that has good codec support (hint: WD and Seagate make dirt cheap boxes that play back everything)... *and/or* ... a device that functions as a progressive downloader with local storage, in the event that you are streaming these over your in-home Wi-Fi network (examples: a hacked TiVo or Apple TV w/ aTV Flash).

Then, read my earlier posting about MKV PopCorn AudioConverter (Google it; get it; convert the audio from DTS to AC-3 and you are all set).

Comment

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I do have a wd tv live box for one of my rooms but was hoping to use the xbox 360 for my other one. I have been able to get the xbox 360 via media center to stream M2TS files with ac3 audio in them. (Must have Windows 7)

The process I am going through is to use the Blu-ray Ripper MKV passthrough option with AC3 audio selected. Then I simply remux the MKV file using tsMuxerGUI to get it into the M2TS container. This works!

However, I would like to simply use the DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper M2TS option. For some reason I am not getting any sound when I play these in Media Center. I am able to play these files using Media Player Classic and the audio plays so I know that the audio is there. Just can't figure out why Media Center doesn't recognize it.

I would really like to bypass the whole remuxing if possible. I would think that this is what the M2TS option in DVDFab is trying to accomplish.

Thanks,
                    Steve

Comment

@rasmuffin

Again, this may be a DTS audio problem. Windows Media Center may not be licensed to stream DTS audio to WMC extenders. I'm guessing; I don't know.

You can't just 'select' the AC-3 audio track, unless english is not your native language, because almost all newer BDs use DTS Master for HD audio (Dolby lost that war).

Hence, you may need to convert the audio for software-based, streaming playback. If you use MKV remux, you get unaltered video and audio - no need to do the M2TS thing, unless your playback software requires it.

Then, as I've mentioned in other postings, make sure you've removed the HD audio during the rip and re-encode the DTS audio to AC-3 using PopCorn MKV AudioConverter.

Comment

As Chilly has already said, you will have to put some time and effort into researching the devices that you are using and how/if they can play the files that you are using for playback.

This is way beyond the purview of Fab and you shouldn't really expect much support here as most old timers have gone down a totally different route.

I, For one, find the whole BR-HD audio thing a complete waste of time & a cynical marketing ploy. I do not intend to get rid of my 7.1 high end Onkyo system that cost me over $3000 for a supposed improvement in sound quality. In fact, I regard the whole BR thing as a cynical marketing exercise by the studios/manufacturers because the DVD market is near saturation levels with really only replacement/add-on players being sold.

2. Choose on the standard that you wish to encode to first and I will tell you that most of us have chosen MKV/Dolby Digital 5.1

3. Then make sure that your hardware/software will play these files correctly.

Then you can progress, such as I have, with improving the features of these files that your playes will utilise such as chapters, album art, title details, multiple audio & subtitles contained within the MKV file.

There is no such thing as a "One Size Fits All" for a mix of outdated, sub-optimal, braindead players.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                        X