Coreavc cannot be detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Coreavc cannot be detected

Hi, Irecently upgraded by ati 4670 to the ati radeon 5670 and since then, when I try to encode my one movie, the PC would freeze midway. I have been using DVDfab for sometime with no issues and my system is an I7 with 6gigs of ram. No error appears in my error log, but I noticed that whyen I check my settings, i see coreavc cannot be found. My movie is a bluray and I am trying to encode it to an MKV/H264, but so far no luck. What is coreavc and how can i solve this problem. I would hate to go back to my 4670 and am not sure what to do.
    Thank you to anyone who can help.

Let me google that for you

CoreAVC does not support ATI.
    In order to avail yourself of GPU acceleration, you'll need NVIDIA CUDA.

Sorry for the bad news
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thank you for your fast response. Is there any way I can use dvdfab to convert my movie? Mt processor is fast so i don't mind bypassing using coreavc if I have to. Anything else I converted, I never had a problem.
      Thanks

Comment

Sure, you don't have to have GPU acceleration to convert.
        In Common Settings > General > A/V Codec >

Select Software only for all entries under Video Decoder
        and
        Software only for Video Encoder

Good luck.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Sorry, one more question...since I am changing my settings, do I have to re-rip my movie? Hope not...thanks.

(PS....I am still not sure if this is why my pc would freeze...when i would encode my movie, it would work for a few minutes then freeze and the only thing I can think of is because of maybe something with coreavc. I have no problem with my dvd, just seems like this blu-ray. Will give it a shot and let you know.
          Thanks

Comment

No problem.
            I don't see why.
            As long as the files playback from the hdd ok, you should be all set.

I suspect you'll be ok with the settings as they are now...maybe slower than you'd like, but the GPU acceleration is still a work in progress anyway.
            Some users with NVIDIA CUDA are also experiencing problems.

Comment

Working...
            X