Help for noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Help for noob

I have just started ripping bd's to my hard drive and have ohh so many questions....I am simply going to watch the videos on my computer, which is hooked up to an hdtv with surround sound. I will not be burning them to a disc later or watching them on anything other than my computer.

I have no idea what format and settings i should be using. I appreciate the the quality of a bd but don not want the massive size. I want to compress it to roughly 10gb max. Such as in dvdfab bd copy how you can just chose bd-9. i am happy with the size and quality that gets me... more or less how do i get that? what is the best format to be using...

Please help me out and I apologize if this has already been dicussed but I could not find it in my searching...

Thanks

maybe give the Blu-ray Ripper a try and use the M2TS setting as that may be the size you like but not know as I not give it a try yet. Also it gives you one file that can be watched without issues

Comment

the m2ts file was still 22 gb, still about twice the size i want it to be

Comment

but i love the speed!!!

Comment

@renurbs

My advice - use the MKV audiocopy setting, remove the HD audio and for the remainder: the default settings selected by DVDFab for encoding the video.

You will end up with a much smaller movie and it will look and sound great, assuming your PC is using playback software that can decode the default audio.

The advantage here is that some day you will want to use something other than your PC for playback and MKV has pretty much become the standard container for newer devices (i.e. you will have great, long-term portability).

Comment

How big is the hd audio.... what is hd audio? will it effect my surround sound?

Comment

Can be 5Gb.

You really need to doing some research yourself on the terminology and the structure of disks and playable formats.

We all started where you are now and the info sticks much better when you find it yourself.

You cannot expect experienced users here answering every basic query of yours that you seem unwilling to research yourself.

We are only too pleased to help, but you must help yourself also.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for the help, the mkv settings work great and it is done in a reasonable time

Comment

Working...
                X