Rip Blu Ray to MP4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Rip Blu Ray to MP4

I have some Blu Ray 1080i (aka BBC) source disks that I want to back up to MP4. None of the popular converters (AVS, TMPGEnc, Xilisoft)seem to be able to convert these disks (or more accurately .m2ts files ripped from them) but DVDfab can. However using the mp4.h264 profile to create a .mp4 file I get AV sync problems because the source file = 25 fps and the resulting mp4 file = 23.976 fps. I have no option available to change the Frame rate - I only get "Same as Source" . Using the ipad.mp4 profile works fine (.m4v file) but my media player cannot play this. If the Blu Ray m2ts source is 23.976 then the .mp4 file is OK and no sync problems. Any thoughts (and why cannot I specify a 25 fps frame rate?)

OS Windows Vista 64 bit
    using 8.0.0.8 Beta

Ratvandal,
    unfortunately, I understand every word you were saying and share the dilemma. Here's my way to solve the issue:
    1) Step 1. Create MKV (not m2ts). I use mkv.h264.audiocopy mode because it's involved compression, and if any a/v issues arise, they can be easily solved by remuxing mkv.
    2) Step 2. Confirming that there's no a/v issues in mkv. If there is, remux with MKVmerge.
    3) Step 3. Converting mkv into mp4 using Video Converter (with Software settings for A/V Codec) , or using DVDFab v6.

Kinda long way, but OK for a meanwhile.... Other programs can't do it at all, as you noted above...
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Version 8009b has been released.

Comment

Temporary Solution

Thanks for the quick response guys - I can in fact use my copy of TMPGEnc to convert the .m4v file to mp4 - it's just takes twice as long - so lets hope DVDFab will give me the option soon to specify the .mp4 frame rate.

Comment

Working...
        X