DVD Ripper quality comes out all pixely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD Ripper quality comes out all pixely

Hey downloaded the new "8.0.0.whatever" and when I rip Dvd's the image is all pixel and looks terrible. Sync for video and sound is fine but you cant watch it its literally like a snow/static look to it. Does anyone have a similar problem and know how to fix it? I'm running an AMD proc with a ATI video card if that makes a difference.

P.S. I know its not my settings are too low. I like to keep the videos fully uncompressed when I throw them on my NAS for quality. The files end up around 2GB-4GB after ripped.

check the A/V codec in common settings the green dot with check mark and make sure it says software for all selections. Also if you require further help then you need to read what is below and post all info mentioned to your next post reply to this thread

Help Us Help You

by
    signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
    The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
    If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
    Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
    DVDFab VERSION:
    DVDFab PROFILE:
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
    OUTPUT CROP:
    OUTPUT BITRATE:
    OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
    SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
    DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
    DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
    OUTPUT CROP: Auto
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
    OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

Ok I did what you said, they were not on software so I changed them to software as you said to do, and it still is all pixelated and unwatchable. I would say 7 is better but with the new movies coming out the audio is lagged and 8 is all pixely. Not much to do besides copy the whole movie to my drive and wait till these issues are resolved.

Running 8.0.0.5 (25/08/2010)

I appreciate the amazing program you guys put out and update constantly you guys are top notch.

Comment

I just found this program yesterday after having AV sync issues with every other program I tried. I've only tried one disc so far, but I have found that if do 2 passes, the video turns to crap for most of the encoding. 1 pass seems to work fine.

I also have an AMD processor and ATI card if it does make a difference. If you are doing 2 passes, maybe try doing 1 and see if you still have the problem.

Comment

Try VOB passthrough, no compression at all.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Yea I always do 1 pass still comes out looking like crap sounds fine no out sync loss.

I also tried VOB, does the same thing only setting so far that does not turn out like crap is the Xbox360 setting but some reason my Xbox wont recognize the file so kinda makes it pointless since thats why I'm doing AVI in the first place. lol

Comment

Working...
            X