No announcement yet.

Make DVDfab remember my settings!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Make DVDfab remember my settings!?

I'm using the PS3 video ripper section to convert DVD's to h.264 for my media pc running XBMC. I found some settings I like to use, but I manually have to enter them every time. I have been trying to figure out how to make a custom profile but haven't found any tutorials on this.

It remembers my bitmap settings and a couple other things. But it doesn't remember the resolution. I like to use 1280 X 720, but it gets old going into video effects and creating a custom resolution every single time.

I also want subtitles OFF, i don't know how many times I forgot to deselect subtitles and ripped/converted a whole movie only to see the subtitles are permanently embedded in the movie as I watch it. (does anyone know why subtitles can't be turned off when converted?)

I also usually select deinterlacing, not sure why or if there is any upside or drawback to this, I would like this set as default as well, unless someone has compelling evidence on not using it?

That's all I can think of, everything else seems to remember the last thing I chose.

I myself go to C> program files>DVDFab>profiles and edit the profiles with my preferred settings.

Comment

Yeah I have looked at the profiles in notepad, more specifically the PS3 profile, but I am not sure how to add the options I want and to make them default.

EDIT: I think I figured it out, I just have to change or add the values that are already there. For some reason I was thinking I had to figure out the correct wording and such. Like new commands.

EDIT 2: hmmm maybe not. I added 1280x720 under "size list" but when I reopened it the option wasn't there. Does anyone know the difference between profiles and profiles 2?

EDIT 3: Nevermind I was in profile ps3.default which I don't even see a profile for? When I select playstation3 my settings are in there. I guess I need to keep playin around until I figure this out. Does anyone have a list as to what all the settings in the profile stand for? Some are obvious, but Stuff like the following eludes me:

<subtitle mode="0" /> (I tried changing this but subtitles stay the same and are auto selected by default?)
      <mode value="real_time" list="real_time, high_quality" /> (??????)
      <common profile="1" quality="100" /> (??????)
      <generic profile="1" level="41" (??????)
      Last edited by WannaSpeedCom; 09-09-2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X