Only want forced Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Only want forced Subtitles

I want to make sure I select the right options. I rarely if ever use subtitles, except when the movie has parts in another language. I'm converting my dvd's into h.264 and using the PS3 profile for this.

If I select english subtitles it displays them regardless of my media player's subtitle settings. Why?

Is there a way to have subtitles as a toggle option (like a normal dvd) rather then having them embedded into the movie?

If not, in order to display movies that contain multi-lingual parts, should I select "display only forced subpicture" and unselect all the language subpictures above it?

Finally, what settings do I tweak for DVDfab to remember my settings. For instance, if I want it to auto check "display forced subpicture" and unselect all other subpicture language tracks what do I need to edit?

EDIT: I found a partial answer to my last question, I can make it unselect subpicture languages by going to Common settings> Streams> Subpicture
    Last edited by WannaSpeedCom; 09-10-2010, 12:30 AM.

Originally posted by WannaSpeedCom View Post
    I want to make sure I select the right options. I rarely if ever use subtitles, except when the movie has parts in another language. I'm converting my dvd's into h.264 and using the PS3 profile for this.

If I select english subtitles it displays them regardless of my media player's subtitle settings. Why?

Is there a way to have subtitles as a toggle option (like a normal dvd) rather then having them embedded into the movie?

If not, in order to display movies that contain multi-lingual parts, should I select "display only forced subpicture" and unselect all the language subpictures above it?

Finally, what settings do I tweak for DVDfab to remember my settings. For instance, if I want it to auto check "display forced subpicture" and unselect all other subpicture language tracks what do I need to edit?

EDIT: I found a partial answer to my last question, I can make it unselect subpicture languages by going to Common settings> Streams> Subpicture
    I have exactly the opposite problem. I can't get subs to display no matter what I do or what player I use. I just used the default settings as a starting point. The ripper created a .sub file. Can anybody tell me how to use it?

Comment

I "think" you need to make sure "display only forced subpicture" is not selected, and you have to have a language selected under subpicture on the right side of dvdfab. I'm using the PS3 tab and if I have those selected it adds the subtitles to mine with no option to shut them off while it plays.

Comment

Originally posted by ram1009 View Post
        I have exactly the opposite problem. I can't get subs to display no matter what I do or what player I use. I just used the default settings as a starting point. The ripper created a .sub file. Can anybody tell me how to use it?
        I have the same problem as you. No matter what I do I cannot get the subpicture to show up when converting from DVD to iPhone H.264 format (haven't tried other formats). I can see it in the preview and the "Edit" window tells me that they will be direct render to movie, but they never show up. I did get them one time but they were at least 5-6 seconds out of sync.

Comment

Working...
        X