This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best resolution for ps3 profile

I been wondering what is the best resolution for the ps3 profile, i wanted to use the same as dvd but it never has the option wondering why

also why does the resolution vary per dvds, i have putted in some dvds which give me 1 resolution options while others give me other options

The resolution varies because DVDFab is stripping the black from around the picture in a way that is best for compression. Many DVD titles have a few black pixels on the left and right.

For best results, just choose the resolution with a width closest to 720 (DVD spec) which is likely the default.

Comment

How are you going to get the file to your PS3?? external harddrive or media server?? If you want the quality to be the same as the dvd it self you will need to use a media server and the VOB setting when copying.

Comment

i have been using windows home media server, i been using avc because of the file compression, when i try vob it produces a 4-5gb file

Comment

Most moives are between 4-6 gigs. If you want quality this is the way to do it. I cant stand when the video skips or the audio lags. I forget does the windows home media server support files above 4 gigs?? If not I use twonky as a media server and it works great.

Comment

I disagree with you on the VOB option.

Agreed that the VOB option gives you the original MPEG2 stream but there are now far more efficient methods of encoding video. H264 is one of these and the resultant file size is around 1/4 while maintaining the same quality and the untouched DD5.1 audio.

I use Twonky also to my 52" Samsung TV and subjective tests of my friends perception of the quality of my H264 encodes suggest to me little if no difference.

I have absolutely no problems with video skipping or audio lagging.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by LankyHank888 View Post
              Most moives are between 4-6 gigs. If you want quality this is the way to do it. I cant stand when the video skips or the audio lags. I forget does the windows home media server support files above 4 gigs?? If not I use twonky as a media server and it works great.
              I dont know about the file size restriction but i have been using twonky and playon, and twonky works great just sometimes stutters at some moments i believe its buffering or something but when i use playon about after 30 min the video starts to get lag between the video and audio and its horrible for me seeing there mouth close and them still talking.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              I disagree with you on the VOB option.

Agreed that the VOB option gives you the original MPEG2 stream but there are now far more efficient methods of encoding video. H264 is one of these and the resultant file size is around 1/4 while maintaining the same quality and the untouched DD5.1 audio.

I use Twonky also to my 52" Samsung TV and subjective tests of my friends perception of the quality of my H264 encodes suggest to me little if no difference.

I have absolutely no problems with video skipping or audio lagging.
              there is a little difference but in my opinion it is still really good, there has to be some cut in quality since the size goes to 1/4 or the original size. What kbbs do you use on your encoded videos?

Comment

Audio Slipping is a bug, not a buffering issue

There is a bug in DVDFab that Fengtao knows about but has not documented, commented on, or tried to fix yet. On about 20% of the movies the audio get progressively out of sync so this is not a buffering issue or server issue.

Comment

Working...
                X