Crash when trying to rip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Crash when trying to rip

Ever since upgrading to v8 I've been experiancing the application crashing.

It starts processing;

Conversion: one pass
    CUDA GPU accelration for video encoding enabled

and then crashes.

I'm running Windows 7 x64, reading files and ripping them to my WHS. Like I said this has always worked in the past but stopped recently when I.

1. Upgraded to v8
    2. I noticed that after upgrading to v8 I had folders for and installations of v5, v6, and v7 so I uninstalled them.

I have tried to re-ugrade, no help.
    Uninstall v8 and reinstall, no help.

Right now the product is unsuable for me, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by murban View Post
    Ever since upgrading to v8 I've been experiancing the application crashing.
    1. Upgraded to v8
    2. I noticed that after upgrading to v8 I had folders for and installations of v5, v6, and v7 so I uninstalled them.
    Right now the product is unsuable for me, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi murban
    Many of us here keep older version just in case you run into problems like you are right now, they install in different folders so it is always a good idea to keep them around.
    If you need older versions you will find them here http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thank you installing version 7 and using it worked for me. So the issue seems to be with v8.

Comment

Your welcome glad I could help
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

In version 8 try software only, CUDA is still a little flaky. Mine will crash at once if CUDA is selected and run like top if not.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            In version 8 try software only, CUDA is still a little flaky. Mine will crash at once if CUDA is selected and run like top if not.
            Made no difference here since I don't even have pa CUDA card it is in software only mode.

Comment

Is this straight from DVD to mobile conversion or from Folder on HDD to mobile conversion. If from folder then try with pathplayer disabled as no need for pathplayer since you already used DVDFab to remove copy protection

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
                Made no difference here since I don't even have pa CUDA card it is in software only mode.
                @Ozzie
                You may be talking about version 8010 and that is confirmed, it crashes hopefully it gets fixed soon, the OP may have an earlier version of 8 which does not crash
                CBR929

Comment

Murban,
                  I have 8.0.1.0 installed on a W7 64 bit system with an nvidia card. If I select software+CUDA for encoding the program crashes the moment encoding begins. I think some nvidia cards work and some don’t. If software only is selected mine works and completes normally and the output looks and plays great on the PS3 and iPod Touch. You say in your original post you have software+CUDA selected, try software only and see if it works for you.

Albert Einstein

Comment

V 8.0.1.1 B has been released.

Comment

Tried 8.0.1.1b Gruñón and still no/go with CUDA. My nvidia card just don’t have the horsepower I guess.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                        Tried 8.0.1.1b Gruñón and still no/go with CUDA. My nvidia card just don’t have the horsepower I guess.
                        Maybe when they get the bugs worked out you might have better luck / performance.

Comment

Working...
                        X